Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed 2 brothers exhaust/fender eliminator kit. The tail light that comes with it stays bright like brakes are applied. I disconnected 1 switch at a time (back first, then front) and then both at the same time. No change in brightness. Is it a bad light? Or is there more than one switch?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was it normal before you installed the integrated tail light? Honestly it does sound like it is not wired correctly.
The integrated was working fine pre-accident, but I did not install it previous owner did. I had a buddy come look at it yesterday with a voltmeter and he believes it is the light itself. Good readings coming from wires. So I have contacted the company I got the light from to try for a replacement, hopefully that is the root of the problem.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
How do you kniw the wire colors are the same from the light you bought to the light you are replacing? You’re making a lot of assumptions.

Grab a 9V battery and test how you have it hooked up. My guess is it’s a wiring issue.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How do you kniw the wire colors are the same from the light you bought to the light you are replacing? You’re making a lot of assumptions.

Grab a 9V battery and test how you have it hooked up. My guess is it’s a wiring issue.
used a voltmeter yesterday and confirmed

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
used a voltmeter yesterday and confirmed
Ok, have you tested the light with a battery like I suggested as well? You’d for sure know that you have a bad light.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts