Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Hopefully you can help me figure this out as it has been driving me nuts, my friend purchased a 2007 Honda cbr600rr. The clutch was toast in the thing and slipped whenever you gave it rapid throttle, if you were very slow and gentle it would not slip but any sudden flick of the throttle would cause slipping.

He purchased new clutch plates and steel plates and we set off installing them, I used the factory manual and used the old plates for reference, the only thing I think I might have not done is set Clutch plate A to the “shallowest tab of the clutch outer”

(What does that mean in general terms btw? Also would this cause the slipping?)

We finished up the job and the bike was still slipping but just not as badly, so he ordered new clutch springs and last week we installed them, I torqued them down to 9ft lbs as per the manual, we bolted everything back up and all seemed well, the bike was running good and not slipping on the city streets.

He then rode home taking the highway and reported that the clutch still slips when the bike is given WOT. Now he installed an r6 throttle tube so WOT is about a 1' turn for him.

My question is.

1) Could clutch plate A not being in the “shallowest spot causing it to keep slipping?”
2) could this just be a simple “clutch cable is too tight and needs to be fiddled with”
3) someone said the plates could be installed “backwards?” from my understanding the plates have no directional preference aside from the thickest being at the back and the thinnest being at the front.
4) is there some quirk or trick I could be missing that we could try to eliminate this final bit of slipping?

Thanks in Advance for any help or tips guys :)

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hopefully not too late but check that the clutch cable moves freely inside the conduit. I've had one start to seize inside the conduit way long ago on my hand-me-down Virago 535 and that led to a slipping clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts