Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! I having some problems with the idle of my bike, once the issue started i read up about the iacv valve and upon reading they get dirty i bought a full service kit and serviced the bike while at the same time removing the iacv valve and cleaning it, after putting the bike back together i still had the same issue, i have took the bike to a garage and they couldnt diagnose the problem so i took it to honda who have cleared any codes stored in the ecu but the high idle is still there at around 2700rpm and and dont know what else it could be as its not brought any more codes up while ts running and now im all out of ideas, all help is appreciated!

·
Registered
145 Posts
have you tried jumping the data link connector to get any faults up, look for an IAT fault , other options could be could be a tight accelerator cable, have read somewhere taking the battery off and leaving it off for an hour helped , dont know how that could help but still worth a try

·
Registered
46 Posts
As MB said try disconnecting the battery first and check the throttle play/cable.

On a cold start, does it climb to over 2K when idle?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have you tried jumping the data link connector to get any faults up, look for an IAT fault , other options could be could be a tight accelerator cable, have read somewhere taking the battery off and leaving it off for an hour helped , dont know how that could help but still worth a try
I collected the bike from honda yesterday they said they managed to get into the ecu and had codes for map sensor and all 4 injectors ( this happens when the map sensor is unplugged and the igntion ia turned on) all codes were cleared and once fired up again no faults came back up, however riding the bike home the revs seemed to be a bit sticky asif the cable was getting stuck in the sleeve so im going to strip that down and see if i can find anything....
Also have left the battery disconnected overnight

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As MB said try disconnecting the battery first and check the throttle play/cable.

On a cold start, does it climb to over 2K when idle?
I have disconnected the battery last night to see if this solves anything, however the throttle cable seems sticky so ill have a look at that after work tonight, when the bikes started up from cold it idles around 1100rpm (normal on a cold start) but then gradually builds revs as the bike warms up

1 - 5 of 5 Posts