Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if you guys care that i ask, but what are your ages and insurance (per month)? I could afford the bike but i dont know about the insurance. Im only 19 but in the military(i hear that helps insurance costs through USAA insurance). If you dont mind, post up ur age and monthly premiums, or if theres already a thread about this, maybe just a link, i couldnt find one.

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,274 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey brians_600rr, where do you live, i have has state farm since i started driving and im 19,my othe rmotorcycles have never been over $80 a year(but then again i never had a bike never than 1988) im estimating mine will be around what yours is maybe alittle cheaper since im in the military and i live out in the middle of nowhere.

·
Registered
231 Posts
first off usaa does not do new motorcycle policies anymore,
if you had a bike with them before they changed their policy they will let you keep it at their amazing rates but idiot me cx my policy while i was in iraq on my old zx9 and they wouldnt let me renew it when i got home and bout my 1000.

state farm now, i pay 200 a month for full coverage on my 1000RR and my 600RR but i am 33 with a perfect driving record

my buddy who was smart enough to keep his usaa policy while he was overseas pays like 230 a month for his SS camaro, rc51, and 600rr

·
Registered
60 Posts
26 y/o here and about 1500 a year. Clean record. I even shopped around. The reason it seems so high for me here is the risk of theft. Comprehensive makes up for a large portion of the premium. For some crazy reason indiana is like the #8 state for motorcycle theft.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I am 45 and living in Kentucky. I pay 147 dollars for six months of full coverage with a 500 dollar deductible. State Farm.

·
Registered
50 Posts
23yo, and i pay $22 a month for the most insurance i could get from state farm. i was surprised, but quite pleased. thats like the cost of 2 lunches

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
659 a year with usaa, overseas. 28 years old, clean record.

Its amazing what some of you all are getting for rates. cheap as hell, and some of you guys are pretty young.

·
Registered
231 Posts
keep in mind it also depends on where you live too
in san antonio i was told by my insurance agent that isnt it a matter of IF my bike gets stolen it was only a matter of WHEN.

considering that my first bike a highly underpowered ninja zzr600 back in 2002 got stolen 2 months after i bought it, i believe that to be a true statement

1 - 16 of 16 Posts