Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty much through with race-focused bikes on the street -- I'd decided that a while ago. While my RR will be my racebike for at least the remainder of this season (I may jump ship to a GSXR next year), I've recently been toying with the idea of getting a Triumph Speed Triple, or even a DRZ400 motard, to satisfy my occasional streetgoing urges. Then I read about this...

http://www.motorcycledaily.com/22august06_z1000.htm

Other images, from Kawasaki UK site:

I'd always liked the Z1000, but its antiquated steel frame and not-quite-ready-for-primetime suspension kept me from pulling the trigger. Now, with a monocoque aluminum frame, and blingy bits taken from their racebikes, they may very well have hit the nail on the head for me. It's unclear what the motor will be -- rumor has it that it's from the ZX10R, but the pictures seem to indicate it's the same 9R-derived motor as before.

Clearly, though, that god-awful exhaust has GOT to go. LOL.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
If that thing had undertail exhausts or shorty cans it would look dope. Those pipes are killing the whole sleek profile of it.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
MotoMike25 said:
I hope they upgrade the lofty suspension and weak brakes.
Indeed, them brakes were the worse part of that bike.
im not feeling that new front/side fairing, but that exhaust has definately got to go.
Liek someone said, if its the 10R motor, which it should be since it wpuld be cheaper to detund it than to continue to make the outdated 9R motor, and the slip-ons look good, go for it. If not.
well there is always the good old Triple waiting for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts