Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I'm taking delivery of a 2007 CBR600 in the next couple of weeks. Despite the bike being a 2007 plate it's actually the shape of a 2003 to 2006 model and not the newer 2007 shape which is making me hesitate when I'm looking at parts.

I want to order an integrated tail light, I'm guessing I'd order one for a 2006 model right?

Cheers in advance

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Pictures needed

In your previous post it says 2006 model. Easy ways to tell just need a picture.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's definitely not an '07+.

I'm curious as to why it's a silver chassis/frame and not black...
Strange right, it's on a 2007 plate here in the UK. I noticed online there was a 2003 with a black frame. I'm guessing I've picked one up right on the change.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Pull your passenger seat and see what the code is under it. We can match this to color it was sent with from the factory.

It's 05-06 for sure.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah really, good to know. I don't take delivery for another wk or so, I've got the VIN number if you can check against that?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I probably can't check that since I'm in the US but from the looks it's an 05-06 so when ordering parts You need to be in this range.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pull your passenger seat and see what the code is under it. We can match this to color it was sent with from the factory.

It's 05-06 for sure.
Hey mate,

I'm gonna call the dealer now to have a butcher under the seat for this code. What kinda code is it, 4 numbers, 5 etc? Just in case the don't know what they are looking for.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Color code should be something like this, would have to source EU parts list to match yours to the color it came with factory, I remember seeing a brushed frame RR awhile ago. Guessing a special addition, color will show this.
NHB01

·
Registered
161 Posts
It's definitely a 2005/2006 model as it has the USD forks. So if you do order parts then it needs to be for the 2006 model as there were quite few changes made for 2007 and a lot of parts don't fit. Check the engine number and it should start with PC37. The frame number is something like JH2PC37.......... Both will contain PC37 and this number is often used to refer to this particular model.

It's obviously sat in the show room until it was sold in 2007 and then registered then. So it's probably a 2006 model, registered in 2007.

If you do a search on "Movistar CBR600RR" you'll see all the pics show a silver frame as I think it was a special edition. Much nicer than a back frame in my opinion and goes better with the silver swing arm too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers for the info guys.

@ Ruby Racing, I've checked and you were spot on with the engine & frame number.

The dealer thought the bike rolled out of the factory in blue without the movistar decals but given what you've said about the frame being silver I'd say it rolled out as is. The dealer did have a butchers under the seat and confirmed the colour code as PB-215c, whats your thoughts, are the decals stock or fitted at a later date?

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Found this one pb-215b I would say it's legit.

The frame is the give away. If you had black fairings I would think otherwise.

If you want to check pull one of your fairings and you will find the OEM code on the back of it.
Have seen all kinds of aftermarket body work and if it's aftermarket you will know as soon as you see the paint.

https://www.bike-parts-honda.com/honda-motorcycle/600-MOTO/CBR/2006/3132

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
I know we aren't local but our integrated taillight has a lifetime warranty and you won't find another one like it. Completely plug n play. Have many other options for your bike as well.

TripageLED.com

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cheers for the info guys.

@ Ruby Racing, I've checked and you were spot on with the engine & frame number.

The dealer thought the bike rolled out of the factory in blue without the movistar decals but given what you've said about the frame being silver I'd say it rolled out as is. The dealer did have a butchers under the seat and confirmed the colour code as PB-215c, whats your thoughts, are the decals stock or fitted at a later date?
No problem.

It's like that from the factory. Do like I suggested previously and do a Google search for "CBR600RR Movistar" and you find loads of pics of exactly the same colour scheme.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts