Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still not running on all cylinders with new plugs. Does it need new coils? Are the valves out of spec?
Never got a check engine light. Bike lost power on highway and felt like a 250. Everything else was fine, bike was revving normally. Bike sitting at 20k miles and spark plug change was overdue.

WhatsApp Image 2020-09-12 at 7.01.39 PM.jpeg

·
Registered
205 Posts
What model number plug is it and is it different from the others? It just looks like an irridium plug from here.

More likely to be a fueling issue than spark.

You can easily do a basic coil/plug check since it sounds like you have your plugs out. Take one plug you know is fine and one coil at a time put the plug in the coil. Ground the coil/plug against the bike frame and crank the starter. You should be seeing consistent sparking of the plug on all the coils. If one is different that may be your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plugs are all original. Coils are all original. One cylinder wasn't firing with new plugs so either coil is bad or valves need adjusting. All plugs were good.

·
Registered
205 Posts
This bike, like most, can have either regular or irridium plugs, they have slightly different model numbers.

The one in your picture looks fine if it's an irridium plug. Never seen wear like that if it's not.

Below photo shows both types, pointy little irridium plug on top. Both have been installed but only for diagnostics, so like new.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So im having problems with mine im gonna pull plugs also but my waterpump went out and didn't let it get to hot. Took it for a quick ride and it boggs down at low rpm and stalls than won't start have to jump it. It's blowing black smoke and running rough. Sorry for posting this here im.not sure how to create a post.

·
Registered
205 Posts
So im having problems with mine im gonna pull plugs also but my waterpump went out and didn't let it get to hot. Took it for a quick ride and it boggs down at low rpm and stalls than won't start have to jump it. It's blowing black smoke and running rough. Sorry for posting this here im.not sure how to create a post.
To start your own thread:
1. Get into the appropriate forum.
2. At the top right is a red button "Start Discussion"
Done

1 - 6 of 6 Posts