Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 CBR600RR. Fuel and engine mods are Jardine Dual slip, PC3, K&N air filter, and gutted air duct. I just finished putting all new plastics and putting new lights on in order to pass the Hawaii Safety Inspection.

When I went to go for a test ride to ensure everything was in working order, the bike died on me and the FI light comes on. I throw the bike into neutral and try to restart it while I'm still rolling. No luck restarting it. I turn the bike off and back on. The bike started back up just fine. I start to ride back to the house when the bike dies again like it lost power and the FI light came on again. I disengaged the clutch, and that's when it fully dies. I do the same thing to get it restarted and continue back to the house. It did it three more times until I figured to disengage the clutch once in a while. It wouldn't die when disengaging the clutch after every five seconds or so. It only dies a few seconds after it gets up past 15 mph. It runs fine at idle, no popping or noises. I don't have the equipment to get the FI code(s), so I can't get any additional information on that.

I really need help with this.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Sounds like your kickstand down\up contacts are engaging.

Might want to hard-wire it for testing purposes, just be careful at that point as the bike will start even while in gear.
That would rule out a very simple problem. Good luck!

·
Registered
273 Posts
I don't think it's the kickstand switch personally, if it was, the bike wouldn't even go into gear without shutting off.

A friend of mine had this problem sort of on his 2011 600rr and found that the gas vent line that exits out the bottom of the bike on the left side (sitting on bike) was being pinched so it wasnt venting the fumes properly, I'd check to make sure they didn't get bundled up and are pinching together. Since you changed the fairings and it was working fine before they may be tangled now

Edit : Spelling

·
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*
23,598 Posts
You don't need special equipment to check the FI code. Just put it in start with the kickstand down. If the FI light blinks, make a not of it. Long blink means ten, short blink is a one. Check out the sticky in the trouble shooting section to decipher the code.

How is the bike voltage when it's running? Have you put a volt meter on it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checked everything including if the gas vent line was pinched. Went for another test ride, and no problems during the 15 minutes. Problem fixed as far as I know. Thanks guys for your help.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had a problem like that with my '08, it would randomly die after I came to a stop and then wouldn't want to restart. Only thing I could figure out was to wait and make sure I heard the fuel pump when the ignition is turned on, before starting the bike. For whatever reason every once and a while it won't come on and I have to cycle the ignition once or twice to make it happen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Another follow-up. Did a full hour ride, and went through the gears and most of the RPM range (2500-9000), and did full stops. Had no problems. Thanks again.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Glad to hear its running well! Good thing it was something simple :D

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I had a similar issue, it was because I thought the FI plugs were pushed in all the way, and they were not. Look the tank off for the 10th time, noticed one of the plugs looked like it was in, but it was a few mm out. Pushed it back in.

Here is my post from 2012. Post #33 is where I figured it out. May help, may not.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts