Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm receiving error code 16 with my bike. When I accelerate hard on the bike, it turns off. The error code text says "#1 Secondary injector circuit malfunction". Clearly this is related to the #1 secondary injector, but I'm not 100% sure for the following reasons:

1. I am running the Bazzaz Z-FI tuner. I called bazzaz, and he suggested checking the plugs on the harness because they could have come loose. I'm hoping to avoid this step because lifting the tank is a pain. I will do it this weekend if I am told there is no other way.

2. Prior to the bike acting up, I left it sitting for probably 5 months without riding and without prepping it to sit unused for a long time.

Steps I have taken before I actually learned about getting the code read out:

1. Changed the Oil (synthetic)
2. Changed the spark plugs
3. New tank of gas.
4. Bottle of fuel injector cleaner. I doubt this actually helped anything because the bike shuts off the moment the secondary injector kicks in, so it never got to clean the affected injectors.

Any suggestions on the next steps? Anyone have any idea how likely my fuel injector is to be fouled up vs. the bazzaz unit going faulty? How do you even try to clean the secondary fuel injectors if they are clogged? Should I just take it to the dealership and pay an arm and a leg for them to look at it (I'm out of warranty).

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
my money is on a loose plug.

and its not big of a pain, would take me maybe 5 minutes to get the tank back

·
Administrator
13,137 Posts
Loose plug, or bazzaz issues... check the plug first

1 - 3 of 3 Posts