Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in a accident recently , long story short , left side of the crankcase got busted up (part that screws unto frame ) and the cylinder head cover has a small crack on the top. I will need definitely need a new frame. My question are:
Is it possible to just replace the engine case/ CYLINDER BLOCK 07-16 600rr and the cylinder head cover (which would cost me around $US450)
can it be done without buying a new engine

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I deleted the other post as it was a duplicate and served no purpose.

I don't have answers for you, but hopefully someone will. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Sure, you can replace it. It will be a lot of work though. If you don't feel comfortable working with engine internals, it is probably a job you should think really hard about before undertaking yourself. It will require disassembly of most of the engine parts.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sure, you can replace it. It will be a lot of work though. If you don't feel comfortable working with engine internals, it is probably a job you should think really hard about before undertaking yourself. It will require disassembly of most of the engine parts.

Does it require getting new main bearings ?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Without checking the parts fische, I'd say yes, you will want all new complete set of gaskets. Unless your engine really got tweaked your bearings and pistons should be good. If they aren't, then you're probably better off getting a new engine, since that means your cylinder bores are going to be out of shape as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts