Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please take a look at this video:

What do you think the trouble code would be?

This is a 2008 600rr track bike and the bike has been running fine...only issue was the Fi light stays on.

The power commander has been removed from the bike so just a stock wire harness and stock ECU.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
51 - HESD
34 - EGCV

Do you have a full exhaust on the bike? Has the exhaust valve and or servo been removed?

Did you remove the HESD to put an after market damper on?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
51 - HESD
34 - EGCV

Do you have a full exhaust on the bike? Has the exhaust valve and or servo been removed?

Did you remove the HESD to put an after market damper on?
Yes I have a full exhaust on the bike (Yoshimura) I'm pretty sure the exhaust valve and servo have been removed.

I removed the HESD to put a GPR steering dampner on (Not to worried about that light being on)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anything else it can be besides those two?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
Nope, that's what those codes are. Have a look in the how to section, you can trick the ecu into thinking that the HESD is still present with a 5c resistor, and about 15c for the exhaust servo.

·
Registered
218 Posts
What he said. There is a how-to on the resistor pack for the exhaust servo. I went to radio shack and built mine pretty easily and installed with no prob. Just got some shrink tube and electrical tape to be extra safe. Sits easy under the seat.

Servo Thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=103279

As for the HESD, doesn't GPR send a plug-in for that so that FI light goes out? If not, I'm sure someone has found a work-around.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What he said. There is a how-to on the resistor pack for the exhaust servo. I went to radio shack and built mine pretty easily and installed with no prob. Just got some shrink tube and electrical tape to be extra safe. Sits easy under the seat.

Servo Thread
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=103279

As for the HESD, doesn't GPR send a plug-in for that so that FI light goes out? If not, I'm sure someone has found a work-around.
I contacted GPR regarding the HESD light and waiting to hear back from them.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just got off the phone with GPR and they are sending me out the plug that fixes the HESD issue (As there wasn't a plug in my kit when I received it)
GPR has amazing customer service. They even told me that I can send my GPR dampner out to them and they would service it for free (I would just have to pay for shipping)

Now just to get working on the Fi light issue. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Please take a look at this video:

What do you think the trouble code would be?

This is a 2008 600rr track bike and the bike has been running fine...only issue was the Fi light stays on.
How did you get your bike to flash codes on your 08

The power commander has been removed from the bike so just a stock wire harness and stock ECU.

Would appreciate any suggestions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts