Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need advice, once in awhile my 08 600rr would have starting issues regardless of hot, cold, or just even after a long ride. It always starts, but occasionally I would have to hold down the start button for 1 to 4 seconds. I hear the fuel priming, & it always turns. The battery is also good. Now when I accelerate in first gear, it tends to sputter between 2500 & 3000 rpm. Last weekend, I was in the canyons & accelerating on 3 & 4 gear, it wouldn't go past 7000 rpm. But I pulled over & later it would go up to 10000 rpm. Some say I need to replace my fuel filter, some say it's my valves that need tune up, & others say it may be electrical or my stator. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or referral to a very knowledgeable mechanic in the Los Angeles area would also be great!

·
Registered
635 Posts
What's otf? Sorry I'm new to this.
It could be your fuel pump. Maybe a bad batch of gas? fuel pump filter possibly clogged? are you using premium fuel?

·
Registered
5,154 Posts
the slow to start condition has happened to me, it was the OE (yuasa) battery going bad.

the limited revs problem could be a failing fuel pump.....or debris in tank (rust).

look at tank interior with a flashlight and look at tank walls and bottom of tank for corrosion

with low fuel delivery you'd expect to see the revs limited in higher gears as load increases and more fuel is demanded.
About the 1st gear lower rpm's stumble/hesitation....I'm clueless as to how a failing fuel pump would cause that.....?

The fuel filter is integral to the fuel pump, and requires disassembly of pump to clean it out.

There's a few threads otf (!) by riders who've worked on the fuel pumps...search for them..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts