Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey whats up everyone. I'm trying to join the club and get a 600rr. I found a 2008 600RR with 1 mile on it. The dealership was originally asking $7,000/$7800 OTD not counting taxes tags etc. After a few calls back and forth to the dealer, they say the lowest they will go is $5,000 + my 2008 250r (they say they are giving me $2500 for it). So now they are pretty much at $7500 OTD, again not counting taxes tags registration

How is this deal? It is technically used. Apparently someone bought it, registered it. Never paid so they took it back/got repo'd or something.

I personally was looking to spend about $6500 otd for everything, but maybe thats shooting to low idk. Or maybe I gave in without trying to haggle as much, but they seemed to be pretty firm on the price. So how does the offer sound? Fair price, kinda high, good deal?

Because it is more then I planned on spending, I asked if they could throw in some parts I planned on buying anyway at cost. They said they can throw in some things if they can get them at cost +12% which I am hoping will save me a few hundred to make up for spending more then planned on a bike if I do indeed purchase it. They are looking at getting me an akrapovic slip on exhaust, shogun no cut sliders, an a* jacket, and puig double bubble wind screen. I'm not saying they can get all these, but they said to send them what I am looking for and they can try and get it for me at the 12% above cost.

So opinions overall? Good deal regardless of the parts? Good deal with parts if they can get some of them etc? I have to make a decision by Wednesday so any opinons within the next 2 days are appreciated.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not a good deal as far as throwing the 250 in on trade. You would do better to sell that on your own and could probably get minimum $500 more for it assuming it's in good shape. Parts are usually where you can work out the good deals. I'd say talk them down as low as possible, sell the Ninja on its own, and put the money towards the new bike. Good luck man.

·
Registered
270 Posts
sounds good without trading in your 250...i paid 8500 for my 08 but that was back in 09

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not a good deal as far as throwing the 250 in on trade. You would do better to sell that on your own and could probably get minimum $500 more for it assuming it's in good shape. Parts are usually where you can work out the good deals. I'd say talk them down as low as possible, sell the Ninja on its own, and put the money towards the new bike. Good luck man.
Ya I could probably get $3000 for my 250 but I can't afford to have 2 bikes, waiting for the one to sell. $2500 is more then a normal trade in according to kbb nada etc. I just cant find any 2008/2009 in red/black with low miles for a good price. This 2008 has 1 mile on it. So I kinda want to purchase it before someone else if it does come for a decent deal. I'm just not sure if I am overpaying for what I would be getting. 08 600 1 mile/ $7900 otd tax tags everything. + possible deals on a few parts

sounds good without trading in your 250...i paid 8500 for my 08 but that was back in 09
what do you mean? are you saying like the same thing the previous poster did? the bike is in ny. the guy said it would honestly be cheaper for me to find one at a dealer near me since we dont have sales tax but ny pays like 8.5% or some ****

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey dude I live in San Diego. I bought an 08' with 1600 miles on it fro 5800+the trade in of my 03sv650s with lots of mods. I am wayy happy. The bike is pretty much brand new, runs great and is SICKKK. Just so you know what you are dealing with, I came out of this deal owing 5800. I pay 230 a month for my bike payment AND (this is a big and) I HAVE TO HAVE FULL COVERAGE so I pay Geico 193/month for Insurance! Not bad if you ask me haha. I am sure I could have got cheaper insurance but I said screw it I would much rather deal with Geico. With Geico you get to talk to someone 24/7 if you have a problem, you will always get a REAL PERSON on the phone and they always SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH!!! lol Too me that is worth the extra 50 bucks a month for insurance. Good luck dude, AJ

·
Registered
70 Posts
I am gonna have to say that is a pretty good deal. I got 2200 for my SV traded in. I could have sold it for 3k-3700 depending on how hard I wanted to try to sell it. I went the easy way and traded my bike in. I got a good deal, the dealer was happy=a good day. Haha also I am 22 and I tried 4 other shops before I found this one and no one would approve me because times are so hard right now. I am 22 with lots of credit history and I clear 1400 a month after rent and taxes. Sounds like you are getting a pretty good deal and for you it is way less stress to just trade your bike in. If you do decide to do it tell them to throw in a brand new helmet as part of the deal!!!!! Good luck with everything

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey dude I live in San Diego. I bought an 08' with 1600 miles on it fro 5800+the trade in of my 03sv650s with lots of mods. I am wayy happy. The bike is pretty much brand new, runs great and is SICKKK. Just so you know what you are dealing with, I came out of this deal owing 5800. I pay 230 a month for my bike payment AND (this is a big and) I HAVE TO HAVE FULL COVERAGE so I pay Geico 193/month for Insurance! Not bad if you ask me haha. I am sure I could have got cheaper insurance but I said screw it I would much rather deal with Geico. With Geico you get to talk to someone 24/7 if you have a problem, you will always get a REAL PERSON on the phone and they always SPEAK GOOD ENGLISH!!! lol Too me that is worth the extra 50 bucks a month for insurance. Good luck dude, AJ
how much did they give you for your trade in if you dont mind?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I got my 08 for 7800 with 300 miles on it over here in nyc aug 09. I look back and feel like it wasn't a good deal and I feel like I jumped on it to fast and early. It was my first bike and I was just so anxious sovi bought it anyways. The guy did throw in a helmet and gloves. And the bike was stock. So I mean I guess its an ok price for ur bike?? Considering its basically brand new 1 mile. Good luck with whatever u decide and I'm in nyc if u ever wanna meet up or need help vice versa

·
Registered
655 Posts
Um how do you still use the term OTD when they have not been including tax ect.. OTD means Out The Door, so that should be the FINAL price including everything

A

·
0 Posts
in nc, the dealership i went to is now selling 09 otd(tax and tag, everything) for 7200! make a trip donw here... i will bring u to see them... nice guys!

·
Registered
945 Posts
I work at a dealership and having 1 mile on it does not mean it was regestered or tagged or anything. when they put them together the tech guys may ride them to make sure everything is propper, and straight from honda as well sometimes they come in the crate with 5-10 miles on them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I don't know, I think you could do better on a deal.

I started out on a used 08 ninja 250r; bought it on craig's list for $3100. Road it for two months, put it back on craig's list and sold it in 2 weeks for $3200. Then I found my 08 red and black 600rr on craig's list (this was back in May 2009), it was in new condition, 2200 miles on it from a small time dealer. Paid $6750 out the door.

And I think I got a decent deal; maybe could have done better. I've seen some members get some crazy good deals on here, and even locally I've seen some great deals go by on craig's list. It's all about timing it right. But if you buy from a dealer, you will pay more; the dealer needs to make his profit.

I would shoot for $6800-$7000 otd, and sell your ninja on craig's list. It's just starting riding season, it should sell pretty fast.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You pay $193 a month for insurance?!:sad: That's $2,316 a year! And you're insurance payment is almost as much as your bike payment every month. Wow...

In my opinion, bikes are toys, luxury items. If I can't afford to own it out right (no loan) so that I'm not forced to carry comprehensive and collision, then I shouldn't have it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Um how do you still use the term OTD when they have not been including tax ect.. OTD means Out The Door, so that should be the FINAL price including everything
idk, i know dealers normally charge stupid fees like $100 document fee and **** like that. so whatever else they charge is included.

I work at a dealership and having 1 mile on it does not mean it was regestered or tagged or anything. when they put them together the tech guys may ride them to make sure everything is propper, and straight from honda as well sometimes they come in the crate with 5-10 miles on them.
the guy told me, it technically was used. someone bought it registered it, didnt have the $. it got taken back

·
Registered
280 Posts
Interesting deal.

Is the bike worth that to you after your trade? If it is, don't worry about how the deal looks in other peoples eyes. If you leave there with the bike for 5k including your trade and you get the aftermarket parts for cost + 12% (which is what they are telling you, I doubt they would give you an estimate on what their actual cost is)...I'd say you are doing all right.

However the trade in/repo story sounds fishy. Never believe a private seller or dealers story. 1 mile and it was repo'd for non payment? Yeah okay.

·
Registered
13 Posts
CRAIGLIST AND SHOP AROUND LOCAL just picked up 08 graffiti 1,100 miles basically brand new never dropped for 5k. usually the person cant afford the bike no more which why they are selling it. Dont talk to them about a price talk to there bank work out a deal and bam new bike for 5000 grand hope that helps

1 - 20 of 25 Posts