Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about 3 days ago i pulled my bike out from its winter slumber. The bike was about half full of old gas with NO stabil in it. Thankfully it started up just fine. I took it for a quick run around and filled the tank the rest of the way. i put it back in my shed and used the kill switch (which i haven't done in a long time). This morning i get up and try to start the bike, it turns over but never ignites, after a few tries i figure out im an idiot and hadnt put the kill switch back the correct "on" position. Unfortunately it still turns over but doesnt ignite. After a few mins of trying the battery starts to slow down so i lumber the bike out to the street and hook it up to my car battery to keep it turning over without killing the battery. I start flipping the kill switch a few times and at one one point i hear something in the back mechanical moving i think it was the little servo near the seat that controls the butterfly valve for the exhaust. when i heard that i tried to start and for the first time in probably 20 attempts it turns over and ignites but only for a second. i keep turning the switch back and forth and it ignites 1 out of the next 6 tries, also short. so the third time it ignites i give a bunch of gas and it revs up and dies as soon as the throttle was chopped. 2 tries later it starts and runs fine. Took it for a spin all works fine i stopped and start several times.

Could use a little help figuring this out. I am guessing its one of two things. the first one i am only half familiar as i know how carbs get gunked up and not sure how injectors act if they get clogged.

1. The old gas left in over the winter is clogging the injectors or bottom of the tank and therefore couldn't get any fuel through. If this is the case will stabil do me any good? Should i remove all the gas and put fresh gas in and maybe injector cleaning fluid? I would of thought if this was the issue it wouldn't of started the first time though.

2. There is a problem with the kill switch and its not functioning properly getting stuck in the off position or some similar issue.

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm not sure how much help I will be because I haven't to do too much troubleshooting on mine, but I would def look at the kill switch. From reading other posts on here a lot people seem to have trouble there. Stale fuel at the bottom of your tank is also a possibility.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts