Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Well y’all **** on my mental win lol well now I know I’m not pushing the limits on actions and that my hands are just too big to move around in there lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sick build! Will eventually follow your steps in the future as I need to get another motorcycle for road use before going all put on mine!! Thanks for all your post and information.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Rearsets are in, just need to find time to assemble and install. I took the slip on off because it’s been crashed a few times and I have never messed with cbr exhaust so just did it to get a feel for it. Not thrilled with how damn heavy the cab is and it’s somehow rashed up on the exits so I’m looking to replace it. I’ve seen a bunch of used full systems for 750-1200 and no thanks. I’m trying to find a broke person who is dying for cash and needs it gone lol but worst case I’ll ride this out until I find one. Need to do some research on the Dan Moto mid pipe and see if that’d be the better route to go

·
Registered
404 Posts
I have those rear sets and they're awesome. I recommend grinding a slit on the foot pegs so they can snap off if you crash. I crashed at 25mph and the whole left rear set assembly snapped off from the frame...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I have those rear sets and they're awesome. I recommend grinding a slit on the foot pegs so they can snap off if you crash. I crashed at 25mph and the whole left rear set assembly snapped off from the frame...

I actually sold them on eBay and bought some vortex. Old reliable I guess, I really like the vortex

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Looks great! I'm seeing red pinstripes in your future!

Next up is actually an exhaust and some track time. The current one doesn’t match up right and there is a bit of a leak just above the cat because of it. The Vance and Hines also weighs like 10lbs and has been crashed a couple times and looks beyond mediocre.

The priority is track time but my first born is due feb 5th and I have work trips during every track day until mid August soooo not sure when I’ll find the time.

I also don’t entirely recommend what I did to everyone by spending this money before riding. I bought the bike the first week of October and it’s now getting towards the end of Jan and I have yet to put a single mile on the bike. I sold my last track/street bike for 8k in order to put some of that money away and downgrade to a cheaper option that is track only. With purchase of bike, parts, and getting the rims and new tires, I’m in about $3,950 after selling parts I don’t need and I still need to sell the oem master and rearsets.

I also play the credit card game for free travel so everything except the purchase of the bike was on a credit card to meet the minimum spend.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Looks great man!! Nice job getting it all together. I hope you find some time soon to get to the track.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts