Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey so I recently purchased a 600RR with 4k miles on it. The battery was having some trouble, and after a while it wouldnt start (I would get a tick tick tick tick noise). So i took it to a shop and the guy said the battery was shot- bought a new 100 dollar battery with a 2 yr warranty.

Drove it home...drove it around a parking lot today to test it out...i came to a stop..put it in neutral..shut it off...turned around and as i was making the k turn pressed the start button again and it wouldnt start...it didnt make a ticking noise this time...just a winding noise like a crank (row row row row). any ideas? i am low on gas but it stil says there is one black bar there before E. it was blinking a little but thats it. am i out of gas or do i have a larger problem?

thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
sounds like an electrical problem, was the bike wrecked? if so u prolly have a bad switch some where, check the fuses, test the switches, check ur bank angle sensor, and make sure everything is plugged in, the manual has a trouble shooting guides and nice pretty pictures

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. yeah i would have thought so too. the guy at the shop said the entire electrical system was good. im really not familiar with fuel gage though so i wasnt sure. I have heard some people with CBRs say that when they are out of gas it blinks and then goes back to one bar...

·
Registered
82 Posts
I would try the easy solution first and put some fresh gas in there. If it was blinking then you were probably running it pretty damn low. I ran outta gas once on 1 black bar because I thought I was good untill it started to blink. I learned my lesson and always fill up early. Goodluck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts