Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
BOTM Winner 07/14
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
VIN: JH2SC59038M004572 Located in KC area.
6,269 miles. Odometer reads artificially high due to much of its life with shorter race gearing. Clean Iowa title signed by original owner who rode street then converted to track. I am second owner. Since I know someone will ask, yes, you could convert it back to street. But consider this bike has been raced exclusively the last 2 years of its life and most DOT parts are long gone. Bike runs excellent and is very competitive for racing. Numerous expert podiums scored this year.

MODS
Vortex: gas cap, clipons, rearsets (GP shift -reversable), swingarm spools.
Woodcraft: sliders, case savers (left and right) with replaceable skid plates.
Brakes: steel braided front lines, Galfer SBK front rotors (only a couple weekends), lightened rear rotor cut with water jet, SBS pads, Castrol SRF fluid.
Suspension: tuned by D2 cycles of KC area; set for ~180lb rider, Traxxion AK20 valves in forks with 1.05 springs (installed 2 months ago), OEM shock, Dunlop tires.
Ignition / tuning: keyless ignition, Z bomb, Dynojet Power Commander V custom mapped by Cafe Racer, Inc. Cordona quick shifter (push or pull) connected directly to power commander, emissions delete (intake flappers, PAIR valve block-off plates, exhaust servo motor removed with circuit bypassed to keep ECU codes clear), OEM air filter, Scorpion slipon exhaust.
Misc: R6 throttle tube (quicker than OEM). Chinese body work (crashes surprisingly well and upper has been repaired) HotBodies tail. Safety wired to meet CCS and CMRA rules.

SPARES
rear subframe
front fairing stay, NEW
2 passenger seats
passenger pegs
tripples, top and bottom
EBC XC front rotors
brake and clutch levers, NEW
15, 16, 17 front gearing; 41, 42, 43 rear gearing includes sprocket carriers
kick stand
rear rim with rotor, still has Dunlop tire from last race at Daytona
clutch pack, steels and fibers
Lusk Racing linkage for raising rear, NEW never mounted
OEM right clipon
OEM gas cap and ignition switch with key
OEM left case cover, NEW
OEM windshield
OEM tank shelter with some crash damage, but completely usable (black)
OEM left bar switches in bag with misc relays
OEM fork internals
OEM throttle tube
OEM front fender with some crash damage, but completely usable (red)

Oil changed religiously after every race weekend with Motul 300V 5w40 - filter every other oil change. Water and “Water Wetter” in radiator. Valves checked/adjusted by Cafe Racer, Inc early October before I left for Daytona. This is a great bike. Only selling because I need funds for newer AMA legal sportbike. If you want to know more about me, the seller, feel free to google “Tornado Bait Racing” or check out http://www.tornadobaitracing.com/ or http://www.facebook.com/TornadoBaitRacing

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Has the top end ever been rebuilt ?

·
BOTM Winner 07/14
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has the top end ever been rebuilt ?
No, the engine has never been apart. Only regular maint interval checks and leak-down test. I just had it checked and run on the dyno by my local shop sponsor before the ROC in Daytona a few weeks ago. So far the valves are still well within spec and it runs like a top.

Awesome bike, who did the rear rotor for you?
A guy on the CCS forum was doing them a few years ago. Not sure if he still does them because the last time I worked with him turn-around was forever. I tried to do a search, but there server is down currently.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
bump a clean race ready RR :) i have a track R1 (07) so ill just give ya bumps lol

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
bump for a good looking bike at a nice price

·
BOTM Winner 07/14
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I get a sense from some of the inquiries that potential buyers are apprehensive about this bike. So I’ll clarify a few points.

This is NOT a salvage bike, it is NOT an oil burner and it has NOT been neglected. It has been my race bike during CCS and CMRA events and my track bike when I coach. Most of the spares I have are because these are common parts that can fail or need replaced after a crash. I invest a lot of time and $ in racing and strive to minimize DNF and DNS.

I maintain my bikes meticulously and went the extra mile before attending my final race of the season, the ROC at Daytona, since it is far from home and Daytona has a tendency to exploit weakness. I had my local shop sponsor go over every inch of this bike including checking valve clearance and then further validate its mechanical state on their dyno. I did the same thing with my 600. They use a Factory Pro dynamometer and this bike produced 143 HP at the rear wheel. Without getting sucked into a black hole about dyno discussions here is a link if you care to compare Dyno Jet figures. http://www.factorypro.com/dyno/true1.html I can assure you this bike makes competitive HP after racing at Daytona.

Since competing at the ROC this bike has been sitting in my garage connected to a battery tender. If there was a race tomorrow it would be ready to go. Here is a shot of the bike in action in the west horseshoe Oct 16th.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I will be coming to the US for the winter. If you still have this bike, I may take a trip to see it and have a chat.

Sweet bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts