Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i crashed my bike last week and my insurance is giving me 5,200 and my dad told me to go buy a brand new bike i was looking on honda websit and they have left over 2008s for 9,500, this would be my frist brand new bike, im just wondering what you guys think about this i know alot of you have bout new bikes and im new so any info would help i figured i would put 4 gs down or 3500 and finace it through the dealer for 4 years

·
Registered
881 Posts
i crashed my bike last week and my insurance is giving me 5,200 and my dad told me to go buy a brand new bike i was looking on honda websit and they have left over 2008s for 9,500, this would be my frist brand new bike, im just wondering what you guys think about this i know alot of you have bout new bikes and im new so any info would help i figured i would put 4 gs down or 3500 and finace it through the dealer for 4 years
5200 will get you a nice used 07, and you wont be debt.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if i could find a 07 for 5200 i would get that ha

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i didnt go in yet but this is just wat they have on line im sure i can talk them down

·
Registered
307 Posts
i was looking on honda websit and they have left over 2008s for 9,500
That would be the worst deal ever! I would say get a 07+ year model, but do your research, see what lightly used bikes are going for, what new 08 or 09's are going for. And don't jump on the first thing you see.

Heck just do some searching on here and you'll find threads like:
Current OTD Price fir 09 600rr's?
http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=178577

And somewhere on here someone posted a ebay auction listing for a new 2009 for $6,999 buy it now, and I think you had to pay $200 in doc fee and setup, and then taxes.

So yeah $9,500 for a 2008 would be dry ice cold.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks this is why i asked cause i would of had a dress on buying this ha

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I wouldn't do it, that price sounds very high. I would buy a nice used one for a much cheaper price and then spend the rest on good gear and extras.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Can I be your brother?

Really though - buying new isn't usually the best financial deal but there is something unpricable about getting a brand spanking new bike right out of the crate. Shop around, and deal straight with the sales guys and you should be able to get a "good" deal. You probably won't get them to match what you find online unless it's a HUGE dealership but a few $100 more isn't going to make a lot of difference in the long run. If you do finance, pay it off as fast as you can.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ya having insrance deff paided off, i found a 2008 from a member on here i think he wants 6200 it has 5000 miles and has the honda warrenty till 2013 i think im gonnna go with that but the only bad is it a damm road trip away its in florida and i live in new hampsure 20 hour drive? ha

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ya im just gonnna keep looking and saving my pennys

·
Registered
882 Posts
the local dealer here has left over 09's for 7900, 600 and liter bikes. I would look around if I was you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thats sick ya deff gonnna look around more

1 - 19 of 19 Posts