Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I went and did it today, it was very nice!

Since I own a 2008 600RR, it's almost a back to back comparison which is nice, the riding position, seat height, all the electronics were in exactly the same position which made it very easy to just focus on the ride, it even seems to tell you how many gallons of petrol left?(think im right anyway...said it on the dash i wasnt dreaming) but I wasn't looking for a fuel guage, the bike itself was slightly(very slightly) wider to me but i put my feet down enough to get pretty much the same feeling as my 08 600rr, flat footed as well i expected it to be taller for some reason...

...now the ride was awesome, it's exactly the same to ride as the 600rr EXCEPT its got a mountain of power and grunt, i don't think i even used 3rd gear, mainly 1st gear even it just pulled like a tank, was saying to the main guy that's what i want for commuting really it can pull for an overtake in very low revs, another annoying thing that made a big difference is the previous owner of my bike wore away the middle(heaps of tread of the sides) so since the blade hadn't got that problem i could just flick it over, it's 25kg heavier than the 600rr but since it's got alot more power you don't even notice it, feels lighter than the 600rr when you're moving anyway...

It's not an exact comparison I'm running braided brake lines so the braking felt softer but i expected that(noticibly softer surprised me first time i pulled up to a light, in case anyone is thinking to get them, do it), and my bike is mapped, anyway I loved it, SO much easier to manage than anyone will think, but then i've been riding years, definitely easier to get on a blade quicker than i would recommend people getting on the GSXR1000's or R1's...the blade is much more forgiving, anyone to sum up, if I come into any money that 2012(i know it was an 08 i tested but the 12 will not be worse, i know it) blade is mine, no waiting no thinking, if I land just under £12k somehow in my bank im getting it.

So yea, not many 21yr olds riding around on Fireblades here in the UK, im lucky this dealership is so nice. Also I didn't take it up to redline or anything(massive excess i'd have to pay if anything happend was in my head saying no) but my stock exhaust on my 08 sounded, louder? just how it appeared maybe since the 600rr exhaust is higher up to you...dunno

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
You're right about the 600 sounding louder. The stock exhaust on my 11' 1000rr is so quiet, you cant hear it most of the time. I for one, like the quiet when Im riding by myself.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're right about the 600 sounding louder. The stock exhaust on my 11' 1000rr is so quiet, you cant hear it most of the time. I for one, like the quiet when Im riding by myself.
wait till you've been smashed into because nobody saw/heard you despite being on a main street with right of way in a well lit town centre...you'll be wanting louder like me :crackup:

·
Registered
823 Posts
Well I went and did it today, it was very nice!

Since I own a 2008 600RR, it's almost a back to back comparison which is nice, the riding position, seat height, all the electronics were in exactly the same position which made it very easy to just focus on the ride, it even seems to tell you how many gallons of petrol left?(think im right anyway...said it on the dash i wasnt dreaming) but I wasn't looking for a fuel guage, the bike itself was slightly(very slightly) wider to me but i put my feet down enough to get pretty much the same feeling as my 08 600rr, flat footed as well i expected it to be taller for some reason...

...now the ride was awesome, it's exactly the same to ride as the 600rr EXCEPT its got a mountain of power and grunt, i don't think i even used 3rd gear, mainly 1st gear even it just pulled like a tank, was saying to the main guy that's what i want for commuting really it can pull for an overtake in very low revs, another annoying thing that made a big difference is the previous owner of my bike wore away the middle(heaps of tread of the sides) so since the blade hadn't got that problem i could just flick it over, it's 25kg heavier than the 600rr but since it's got alot more power you don't even notice it, feels lighter than the 600rr when you're moving anyway...

It's not an exact comparison I'm running braided brake lines so the braking felt softer but i expected that(noticibly softer surprised me first time i pulled up to a light, in case anyone is thinking to get them, do it), and my bike is mapped, anyway I loved it, SO much easier to manage than anyone will think, but then i've been riding years, definitely easier to get on a blade quicker than i would recommend people getting on the GSXR1000's or R1's...the blade is much more forgiving, anyone to sum up, if I come into any money that 2012(i know it was an 08 i tested but the 12 will not be worse, i know it) blade is mine, no waiting no thinking, if I land just under £12k somehow in my bank im getting it.

So yea, not many 21yr olds riding around on Fireblades here in the UK, im lucky this dealership is so nice. Also I didn't take it up to redline or anything(massive excess i'd have to pay if anything happend was in my head saying no) but my stock exhaust on my 08 sounded, louder? just how it appeared maybe since the 600rr exhaust is higher up to you...dunno

Hmm. are you sure you have an 08' 600RR because mine has a fuel gauge as well?
Yeah dude, I rode my buddies 1000RR and the difference is insane! When I got back on my 600RR it felt like a pocket bike! I think I will eventually go to a 1000 but just not yet.:cruising:

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
god damm you OP!! every time i read a thread about the 1000RR blades makes me want one more and more.

i agree if my finances are anywhere ok next spring i'm thinking i'm going to pull the trigger on the new 2012 BLade (white/red/blue scheme) i love that bike

·
Not really asian
677 Posts
Speeddeamon
Car can still be totaled with all of that, or can it? Maybe it can't. I just want to save my car from accidents now so mufflers off.

Keep thinking noise will save you from a distracted driver.
I guarantee I can compinsate for a quiet ride.

·
Registered
53 Posts
No big difference on paper between the two, BUT, get onto a Blade straight of a 600... Holy crap, the torque is astonishing!
That's the main reason I bought my Blade, love the power.
But for track my 600 is just perfect! Just need to get a slipper clutch to get it on par with other bikes of the same cc.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh nice so you got both...haha, if i had to choose one i'd probably go blade, that torque would be nice due to riding everyday, could do most things in 1st gear :shakehand:crackup:

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Those Fireblades are addicting! :)

I test rode an '09 CBR 1000RR (rode my '08 600RR there and back) and loved it. The 1000RR felt like a slightly bigger brother of the 600RR, very similar but with MORE grunt.

FWIW, the CBR 1000RR/Fireblades have a "fuel consumption" gauge instead of the more typical "fuel level" gauge that most people in the US are accustomed to seeing, such as in their cars/trucks.

The gauge on the 1000RR tells you how much fuel you have burned through; it can display fuel consumed, average fuel consumption, as well instantaneous fuel economy.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The 08 1000RR is a great bike. I have put around 400 miles on a highly modified one and it was truly outrageous.

I now own a literbike as well. Yet I never get bored of riding my 600rr. Being able to rev out the engine without hanging on for dear life can be a nice thing at times.

·
Registered
823 Posts

I test rode an '09 CBR 1000RR (rode my '08 600RR there and back) and loved it. The 1000RR felt like a slightly bigger brother of the 600RR, very similar but with MORE grunt.

FWIW, the CBR 1000RR/Fireblades have a "fuel consumption" gauge instead of the more typical "fuel level" gauge that most people in the US are accustomed to seeing, such as in their cars/trucks.

The gauge on the 1000RR tells you how much fuel you have burned through; it can display fuel consumed, average fuel consumption, as well instantaneous fuel economy.
Ah...now that makes more sense, thanks for clarifying the fuel gauge question for me!

Sent from my US740 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have an 09 cbr1000rr (just sold my 600 last week) and the biggest difference in the bikes is in the low revs. Twist yr wrist on the 600rr in the low Revs and nothing happens. That's the nature of the high hp inline 4 engine. Up high it goes like hell. The 1000 pulls at any rev, which is very forgiving when putting around town. On the track the 600 is more forgiving, much easier to brake amd turn. But for street riding I preferred the 1000. One mans opinion. More opinion: both bikes are fantastic.

·
Registered
209 Posts
after 5k rpms i feel my bike pull just fine, even though the zx-10 i test drove was intense, my 600 is just fine, more speed would just be to go faster then other bikes, really. i can pull around traffic in my 600 just fine...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I need to go test drive a 1000rr.. i really wanna upgrade the next bike i get but I have a feeling i have alot more learning to do on the 600rr

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yeah the 600rr commutes fine. more torque is nice but not needed.

my opinion on going from a 600 to a firblade (or any 1k) is to not buy it new. id like to keep my 600 and buy a older model 1k to pkay around with and see if i like it in the long term.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

when i left the dealer it was on empty fuel light showing, and the trip thing i saw said '0.0 gal' and when i filled it up it said 5.4 gal, which would mean main tank full and most of it's reserve which would be about right to how much i put in so it appeared to be reading how many gallons left in the tank.... rather than fuel consumption...but i dunno i was riding not fuel measuring :banger:

i got lost a bit and my satnav went wacko telling me to take turns in dead ends, so that was very annoying but still a nice bike, the bit i highlighted is exactly how i felt...it's just touchy like other litre bikes, smooth power

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
...when i left the dealer it was on empty fuel light showing, and the trip thing i saw said '0.0 gal' ...
Ah yes, about that - once you get low enough on fuel (with approximately 1 gallon left in the tank) and hit the "reserve," the fuel gauge will start to flash "0.0 gallons" on the speedo/cluster.

The fuel gauge will then count upwards from 0.0 gallons and begins to flash/blink faster as you consume more fuel (essentially a warning to fill up the tank soon so you don't run it totally empty LOL).

Once you stop for fuel and fill the tank back up (or above the "reserve" level, which is roughly with 1 gallon inside the tank), the fuel gauge will "reset" so that it resumes the normal "fuel consumption" metering as described earlier.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My best friend has an 08 1000rr! He bought it when he was home on R&R from Iraq and so when he had to go back I got to babysit it for 3 months in my garage! ;) Being my best friend he said I could ride it I just had to pay for it if anything happened!
But OP your description was like you read my mind! Felt almost identical to my 07 600rr but with tons more power! The little extra weight wasn't even noticeable! I fell in love Immediately!! They way it pulls no matter what rpm you are at was simply amazing!
I want one so bad but I think my 600 is plenty for the streets! Well for now at least!

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 20 of 24 Posts