Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm having a problem with my bike to regards with it not turning over. I just recently installed flush front turn signals, 2bros exhaust, and tst taillight. About a week ago I started the bike up without the exhaust just to see how loud it actually was. It ran for maybe about 20 seconds before I shut it off. I just got done installing everything on it. I turn the key and the lights come on, fuel pump primes, and it I get the starter sound trying to crank over. My grandfather seems to think that maybe since I started the bike with no exhaust I created some code for the computer and now it won't start because it thinks I don't have an exhaust? My uncle seems to think its something electrical. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,814 Posts
Probably just fuel in the cylinders

Hold the throttle wide open and crank the bike for a few seconds, then let it off and try to start the bike normally.

Its not a great idea to start an engine for a few seconds then shut it off

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still nothing. Also when trying to push start it down the driveway it makes the sound like it wants to turn on but never does.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Had a similar situation but not the same. Mine was just the battery and after a day or 2 of not starting it became more obvious that it was the battery.

Can't offer a solution for you though, sorry.

Try uploading a video of you attempting to start it?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Someones coming to get the bike tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted on what goes on.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so the guy came to pick up the bike today and when he attempted to start it he said it sounded like it didn't have compression. He finally got the bike taken down and said my plugs were wet, but didn't run a compression test yet. Everyone I have talked to that owns bikes and works on bikes has said that starting a bike up with no exhaust pipe wouldn't cause any harm unless you went full retard mode with it.

Now what has me puzzled is why would my plugs be wet and is that my problem as to why it won't start. Or did something else prevent the bike from starting and me attempting to start it with no luck flood the plugs? I'll keep you guys up to date on this.

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,814 Posts
You flooded it.

When it won't start right away, you are best not to keep cranking it. You'll compound the issue. You probably could have bump started it if you had enough of a hill

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried rolling it down the driveway, but it still wouldn't give. So was the flooding originally caused from starting with no exhaust? I'm still kind of lost as to what the chain of events was.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So do you think that is a big problem or just a simple mistake? I mean I will obviously have to live with the bill, but as far as damage to valves go?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks man. I really love the bike and I want to keep it for a long time. This has definitely made me aware as to what can happen if you don't treat things right.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts