Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 rr. anyone take off the chain guard. it never really bothered me but it crossed my mind of how much better it would look. anyone have any positives/negatives doing this?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
It does look better. I took my off for like a week, but then i had a bunch of grease from the chain on the exhaust can and my undertail from it flying up, it was a pain in the butt to keep clean. So, i just put it back on... Having it on it catches all that grease and dirt coming off the chain..

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Chain Guard

I took mine off and admittedly it did look good but you end up cleaning the rear of the bike a lot hence its now back on again. I also removed all the manufacturers’ stickers off the LH side of the swingarm as well and now it looks much better. I have an Akrapovic carbon chain guard on the way so that should sort the back end of the bike out aesthetically. Pictures to follow on my modification thread once its arrived and fitted.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I also took off the tire and warning labels on the side of the swingarm with a heat gun. It makes the side look soooooo much better.

I cut the guard on a 45 degree angle so it was flush with the swingarm.
huh? pictures?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts