Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know what colors will be offered in 2008..... I love the white pearl, silver, and can't afford one till next spring.... I really want pearl white, any insider info.... Thanks

·
Registered
937 Posts
Yeah this is a no-brainer ^

'08 paint schemes should be posted in September- maybe October at the latest. And they will make ZERO changes to the bike.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah this is a no-brainer ^

'08 paint schemes should be posted in September- maybe October at the latest. And they will make ZERO changes to the bike.

Really.. you think that Honda wont change ANYTHING. Wanna bet some money on it?? Ill take that bet :icon_lol:

·
Registered
937 Posts
Really.. you think that Honda wont change ANYTHING. Wanna bet some money on it?? Ill take that bet :icon_lol:
Put your money on the table baby! They won't touch a thing. They have won almost every major mag shootout in existence, and the bike is selling like hotcakes. What reason do they have to change anything (other than paint) to continue to sell bikes? None. Look at the 2006 -> 2007 R6 (the '06 #1). The only thing different was the adjusted tach- which wouldn't have had to be changed if they'd only gotten it right in the first place.

The bike will have minor changes for '09 (at it's half-life) but I would be SHOCKED if they do anything substantial for '08. "Oh, well THIS year, the key is a different color." <- something like that does NOT count...

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Put your money on the table baby! They won't touch a thing. They have won almost every major mag shootout in existence, and the bike is selling like hotcakes. What reason do they have to change anything (other than paint) to continue to sell bikes? None. Look at the 2006 -> 2007 R6 (the '06 #1). The only thing different was the adjusted tach- which wouldn't have had to be changed if they'd only gotten it right in the first place.

The bike will have minor changes for '09 (at it's half-life) but I would be SHOCKED if they do anything substantial for '08. "Oh, well THIS year, the key is a different color." <- something like that does NOT count...
Uh Oh.. Ray you are getting called out.. Put that Money up Ray, Rich man like you working for RideNow :) :) :)
LoL J/K

·
Registered
273 Posts
First you're saying they won't touch a thing. Then you say that they won't change anything "substantial".

Obviously they won't change much, but they might make small changes and you'd lose the original bet you agreed to. :tongue4:

Personally, I think they should add a slipper clutch. And won't it be great if they fix the wacky mid fairing color schemes.

·
Registered
407 Posts
They will make some changes...though not much I'm sure. And they will definitly make changes in 09. The other 6's will make their changes and catch up next year. The 07's will be at their 2 year mark...which is traditionally the mark for a redesign on sportbikes.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honda does a redesign every 2 years next year the 1000rr will be different but except for paint the 600rr will be the same chasis and I doubt they will add a slipper clutch till 09

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I can tell you for sure that there are plenty of white ones remaining in the IA dealerships. I wanted a black one and they were telling me to buy the white one because they weren't able to sell any of those

There will be no 07 pearl whites left when the 08's come out.

·
Registered
478 Posts

You got it... ill bet you $50 that there will be at least one change/update on the '08 !

:director: Y'all hearing this??

For the record... your exact words were "they wont change ANYTHING for 2008. Feel free to go back and check your words!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Uh Oh.. Ray you are getting called out.. Put that Money up Ray, Rich man like you working for RideNow :) :) :)
LoL J/K
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1SeenMyKeys

You got it... ill bet you $50 that there will be at least one change/update on the '08 !

For the record... your exact words were "they wont change ANYTHING for 2008. Feel free to go back and check your words!

·
King of UPS
2,946 Posts
Here you go:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1SeenMyKeys

Getem Ray.. LoL.. Yo I called you about a Ride to Payson Last night, Hmm Must have been busy.. Another time maybe
Stephen

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
they may make minor tweaks to the chasis and engine. I'm pretty certain there will be no slipper clutch do to costs. It's either the hesd or a slipper and they picked the hesd.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts