Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I picked this bike up from the original owner earlier this summer. I had two 2013 CBR 1000rr bikes before this (one after another) and sold them because Honda still did not fix the oil burning issue and I was tired of being paranoid about checking my oil during long distance rides. Both bikes burned oil and I was done with those bikes. I previously had a 2008 GSXR 750 that was the most reliable bike (other than my previous 07 600rrs) and went that route again. So I tracked this beauty down locally and bought it from an older guy. It was completely stock and only had 1500 miles at the time of purchase.

I added a Hotbodies windscreen, Yoshi slipon pipe, BMC air filter and PCV. I also changed the tires to Pilot Power 2cts and had my shop insall new OEM spark plugs. While the plugs were being changed, I asked the shop to perform a leakdown and compression test to see how healthy the engine was. Leakage was 1-2% across all 4 cylinders. If you know anything about these numbers, you'll know this means the engine is very healthy. Tires only have 1000 miles on them. When I say the bike is mint, I really mean it. It has never been tracked. I challenge anyone to find a dent, scratch, etc on this bike. The bike currently has 3500 miles on it.

I'm a big fan of the 08-09 GSXR 600/750 generation as I find the front end looks better than the traditional cyclops look that they all have. The front end of the 08-09 just looks sexier to me. Ever since I got this bike, I never missed my 1000rr. The 750 really is the perfect size engine in my opinion.

I'm selling because I'm done with the street and I don't have time for track. So I guess I'm done with the sport entirely. It's a decision I've sat on for a few months and I know it's time when I decline group rides with my friends and opt of opportunities to ride altogether.

BUT, I am not in a rush to sell. I know this isn't the best time to sell a bike, but I'll still keep this thread active till next Spring or so. Price is $7700 and I'm not going to budge much as I don't need to sell it. Clean title in hand.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I can almost guarantee you this is the cleanest 08-09 GSXR 750 with low miles you'll find.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Beautiful bike.

sorry to go off topic, but whats is this oil burning with the 1000 you had. I just recently purchased a 12' 1000rr

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
103 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts