Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 CBR600RR and I just noticed that when I step on the rear brake pedal, I hear a clicking or a clunk from the rear caliper area. I looked at the caliper and the pads are in place and everything is tight. Is this just normal noise from the caliper moving a little when applying the rear brake or is there something else I should be looking for? I can even hear it when just pushing it around my garage with the engine off. It does it moving forward and backwards. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
UPDATE: It sounds like the clicking/clunking sound is coming from the rear master cylinder. Is there anything in the master cylinder that would make the sounds I described?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did put it up on the rear stand and I still heard the noise. Cannot see what is causing it. That's why I thought that the pads moving around in the caliper were the culprit. Do you get any noise from yours?

·
Premium Member
13,137 Posts
There must be some movement somewhere... just pull the calliper off and have a look for any signs of it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the rear tire has never been off. It only has 2000 miles on it and I bought it brand new last year. It almost sounds like the noise is coming out of the rear master cylinder plunger. Any other thoughts?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts