Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
CBR 600rr - 196 ORIGINAL MILES

what does every body think? my buddy wants to buy it and i told them not to. I dont trust people with a 7 years old bike with less than 200 miles on it. especially we are living in california. there is no reason for not riding it. I am trying to convince my bike to find an 08 or 07 which has more horse power and cheaper. My buddy thought it is better for resale value to get this one.

Do you think i am being paranoid? we are trying to go see it this weekend. i am living in san diego. it will be me and buddy riding to LA. funny thing about this is 2 days on a bike and he will be the bitch...

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
2,723 Posts
tell him to buy my bike its an 09 with 5k miles lol

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks bone stock...i'd imagine it could be legitimate. Whats up with the front right signal though? I'd check it for OEM parts like oil filter, chain, sprockets. Things that would need to be changed well after the 200mi mark.

I mean he still has the OEM fender on it, isn't that the number 1 thing to go?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Its a f'ing GREEN CBR. It could be a million miles and I'd say buy it. End of story.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lol...

i will check everything out this weekend. my brother has twin and he still ride. not much but he put atleast 1k per year in his bike!

but i will check everything out...

any other advice?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Id check on the tires and see if its the ones that came out back in 2009 but yet he could still replaced it when he got a flat (nail) on tires. Id say if he has the original and beefy 09 tires than most likely hes telling the truth. Good luck though....

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Id assume it would have more dust than dirt ahahah.

Figure out whats up with the turn signal tho.. dropped? Still not a big deal.

Prolly dropped it and was scared to ride it... see how it starts cold. 196 miles isnt even 2 tanks of gas lol

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
CBR 600rr - 196 ORIGINAL MILES

what does every body think? my buddy wants to buy it and i told them not to. I dont trust people with a 7 years old bike with less than 200 miles on it. especially we are living in california. there is no reason for not riding it. I am trying to convince my bike to find an 08 or 07 which has more horse power and cheaper. My buddy thought it is better for resale value to get this one.

Do you think i am being paranoid? we are trying to go see it this weekend. i am living in san diego. it will be me and buddy riding to LA. funny thing about this is 2 days on a bike and he will be the bitch...
You guys don't have access to a car?

That's gonna be one heck of a ride with 2 dudes :drunk:. I would suggest borrowing a car from someone if possible or driving with a friend who has a car (leave your bike at home). If the bike doesn't check out and you don't buy it, you wont have to ride back home with 2 dudes on the bike again...

As far as the bike itself, its hard to make a call until go see and inspect the bike. Personally I don't like the green paint scheme, but that's just me. What's more important is the condition of the bike mechanically.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id check on the tires and see if its the ones that came out back in 2009 but yet he could still replaced it when he got a flat (nail) on tires. Id say if he has the original and beefy 09 tires than most likely hes telling the truth. Good luck though....
I was thinking the same. Tires are good indicator because if you replace them or they worn out too much then there is no way the bike only have 196 miles on it. as for the fairings, people can change it and it will look completely new.

Id assume it would have more dust than dirt ahahah.

Figure out whats up with the turn signal tho.. dropped? Still not a big deal.

Prolly dropped it and was scared to ride it... see how it starts cold. 196 miles isnt even 2 tanks of gas lol

If he was scared of riding it he would have sold it a long time ago. I would not wait until now after paying for 7 years of registration for no reason. beside i saw the pictures and it looks like it is parked in a used car dealer lot or some type auto shops. i dont like the look of it. but my buddy really want it so we will check it out.

You guys don't have access to a car?

That's gonna be one heck of a ride with 2 dudes :drunk:. I would suggest borrowing a car from someone if possible or driving with a friend who has a car (leave your bike at home). If the bike doesn't check out and you don't buy it, you wont have to ride back home with 2 dudes on the bike again...

As far as the bike itself, its hard to make a call until go see and inspect the bike. Personally I don't like the green paint scheme, but that's just me. What's more important is the condition of the bike mechanically.
lol. we are checking out 3 bikes. he will buy one of them. he thought this was a good deal. he want to ride it back from LA. i would not do that but he does not listen. i dont trust any used bike enough to take it on a hundred miles ride for the first time. but he think it will be fun so whatever.

i know right i dont like the paint color either. there is a black graffiti 08 with 8k miles and the asking price was only 6.5k miles with toce exhaust, halo demon projector light, CRG levers, zero gravity windscreen, frame sliders... and lots of cosmetic upgrades. if i were him i would get this one but my buddy thought hey 09 with 196 miles!!! better resale value.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Why would you think that an 09 has less power than an 07 or 08... and it's your friends money don't try to convince him to get a color you like and not him I have the green 09 and love mine, also why buy a buy with more miles and mods, I'd rather do mods myself than just take someone else's project.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Why would you think that an 09 has less power than an 07 or 08... and it's your friends money don't try to convince him to get a color you like and not him I have the green 09 and love mine, also why buy a buy with more miles and mods, I'd rather do mods myself than just take someone else's project.

Id rather get a higher milage with mods than a lower stock....why? Cuz insurance will pay your mods more rather than milage if something were to happen to your bike, but that's just me though.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They only pay for mods if you have proper info saying what you paid and when usually and that's if they say the mods aren't too old or beat

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He does not care about the color of the bike. we are going to order chinese fairing Graffiti Edition and put on the bike. why? because he likes graffiti edition scheme. why do i think the 09 has less power? because the 09 got detuned to meet california EPA. if i am not mistaking then the 09 has around 100 hp while 08 got around 118 hp? i might be wrong about the number but i know 09 got less power.

you can sell the mod and get money to buy whatever you like.

Id rather get a higher milage with mods than a lower stock....why? Cuz insurance will pay your mods more rather than milage if something were to happen to your bike, but that's just me though.
exactly.

These broken?
you got good eyes. i didnt even noticed that. but i noticed that it does not have a license plate. so why does it not have any license plate???

They only pay for mods if you have proper info saying what you paid and when usually and that's if they say the mods aren't too old or beat
not with all insurance. with state farm you can bring in your bike and get their agent to take pictures and evaluate your parts and they will add your mods into your premium. probably like 10-15 dollars more only. i did my and it only cost 13 dollars more for all the mods.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
There is nowhere near 118hp on a stock 600RR, it's right around 100. The difference between the 07/08 and 09+ is ~5hp on the very top end (above 13k rpm) that a $50 Zbomb will return to the powerband. Plus you get the added midrange the 09+ has which is far nicer on a street ridden machine than peak power. Or simply swap opan 07/08 ECU into it for the exact same powerband.

The drawback to the newer gen bikes are the lowers. As stated buy the lowers from an 07/08 and add a $3 bracket and you instantly have the best of all worlds in a 600rr.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is this from a private seller? If so I doubt he would have current registration since it seems that he doesn't ride the bike for whatever reason. Ask for any current or old registration he has, make sure there won't be any back registration fees that would incur when you try to register the bike, check the VIN number to make sure it was never reported stolen.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There is nowhere near 118hp on a stock 600RR, it's right around 100. The difference between the 07/08 and 09+ is ~5hp on the very top end (above 13k rpm) that a $50 Zbomb will return to the powerband. Plus you get the added midrange the 09+ has which is far nicer on a street ridden machine than peak power. Or simply swap opan 07/08 ECU into it for the exact same powerband.

The drawback to the newer gen bikes are the lowers. As stated buy the lowers from an 07/08 and add a $3 bracket and you instantly have the best of all worlds in a 600rr.

i see... i thought it was more. now i know. thanks

Is this from a private seller? If so I doubt he would have current registration since it seems that he doesn't ride the bike for whatever reason. Ask for any current or old registration he has, make sure there won't be any back registration fees that would incur when you try to register the bike, check the VIN number to make sure it was never reported stolen.
we were going to get it this sunday but my buddy found a local seller. 2008 with 9k miles he was asking 5.5k but we got it for 4.0k. no signs of it ever being down.

i feel bad for the guy though. we came to see the bike and he was having a garage sale. he is moving to another state. we asked when and he told us Next weekend which is april 02. i was going to tell my buddy to low ball him for 4.5k but damn we got it for 4.0k tell him straight up cash right now... he didnt want it but his wife said YES>>>>:crying: for him but great for us. My buddy already planned to stripped the fairings down and replace it with graffiti edition!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I see, good deal for 4k! Just wondering where is he getting the fairings from. I've heard some after markets fairings may or may not fit as good as the OEM. I'm just wondering where's a good place/website for fairings.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
247 Posts
the 09 doesnt have less power they "refined the engine" over the 07/08 and made it better, the 09 has 118.4hp and I want some of those green fairings if he buys it I need 2 of them

1 - 20 of 24 Posts