Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what's up with the cbr losing power for this year does it affect it compared to the other jap companies as far as speed and power and also it does not have a slipper clutch but what is the purpose of one????

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
the lose of power came due to epa / noise regulation changes, that i belive are not in effect entirely yet, but honda is just stepping up and starting the changes (i may be wrong, but this is my understanding)

the slipper clutch allows you to downshift rapidly and when the back tire tries to spin faster than the motor revs are supose to be at, the clutch "slips" allowing the back tire to not lose tracktion, and allowing the motor to not over rev.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so would adding a full exhaust bring the horsepower back up eliminated that stupid cat system

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
so would adding a full exhaust bring the horsepower back up eliminated that stupid cat system
the cat has existed for several years

there is a thing called an IRC which changes up the timing to bring back the lost top end power.

a full system will also help..

D

·
0 Posts
the cat has existed for several years

there is a thing called an IRC which changes up the timing to bring back the lost top end power.

a full system will also help..
And the Bazzaz Z-bomb or Dynojet IRC to counteract the stock IRC. Easily another 5-7HP right there.

·
Registered
546 Posts
oh timing was retarded, not fuel restricted - thanks Demented.

if i read it correctly installing the Dynojet IRC will lean the mix at full throttle over 10K rpm so he would need a Power Commander as well.

IMHO when I am at 10K+ on the street, I am thinking more about selecting the next gear than a few missing ponies.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Do the 07/08 models have a slipper clutch?

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
I don't get why it is so important to have a what, extra 10hp @ 13k rpm for the street?

If you need power for the street, drop a tooth in the front and make the motor get to it's peak sooner. Otherwise, if you need more power for the track... it's going to cost you more than a slip-on and fuel management system.

Besides, those who would require more hp for the track would need it to win races, prize money and to retain sponsorship. Those who need it, more than likely already know where to get it.

Interesting though..

:happy:

D

·
0 Posts
Do the 07/08 models have a slipper clutch?
No 600rr's have a slipper clutch, and no one can ever benefit from an OEM slipper clutch.

Even the slipper in the R6 that people think is so awesome, is a piece of junk.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have installed an Erion Slip-on and IRC.... Only engine mods and my 09 feels much better than stock. 2nd gear top end is where you really feel the recovered power.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
even for the street an extra 10hp is a considerable amount of power to be lost
How so? A slip-on + fuel management is 2-3 hp gain over the entire rpm range until peak where it is 10 hp at best.

How is missing 2-3 hp critical on the street?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I had an 07 and I now have an 09... and I definitely notice a difference in power. Once you get into the > 11000rpm range it doesn't pull as well as it used to.

How much are the parts needed to restore this thing to 07-08 spec?

·
Banned
1,009 Posts
what's up with the cbr losing power for this year does it affect it compared to the other jap companies as far as speed and power and also it does not have a slipper clutch but what is the purpose of one????
There is a 60 dollar mod that will fix that (with or without a remapping from a PC V)... I've just been too lazy to find it again.

See this thread for the same question:

http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=202388

1 - 20 of 60 Posts