Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Repost!
No one even knows if it is going to be on the 2009 model. We only know that they are testing it on a prototype, but we wont know until September.

·
Registered
326 Posts
The fully integrated ABS systems like that have had major problems in other applications, motorcycles especially. I hope that it is an extra cost option and not on all bikes because I wouldn't get it. Integrated servo controlled brakes have too many assumptions built into them. It turns into a very complex electro mechanical mechanism that works well on paper and poorly in the field because of all the boundry layer functions that were glossed over in the engineering.

Sorry, I mean the things that occur only in odd or unusual situations that the engineers say 'Nobody will ever do that' and of course causes major problems when released to the semi trained monkeys they call riders doing all of those things regularly.

D

·
0 Posts
6+1 I want to be abel to lock the rear and lay it down if I have to
...uhm. When would you ever need to lock the rear and lay the bike down? You can stop much faster upright and avoid an accident rather then purposely causing one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
don't some bikes have an on/off switch for the ABS? might be nice if you were just cruising and it started raining... but on track days obviously 'off' would be the right choice.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
wow you guys obviously missed the slang talk.

Lock the rear and "lay it down" has NOTHING to do with the bike laying down...more like laying the SMACK down, as in...SIDEWAAAYZZZZ BIAAATCH!!

you guys suck lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts