Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I was just curious at the value of a '09 cbr600. It's basically all stock (flush mount signals, new windshield are really the only mods). it's got 8700 miles, Red-White-Blue color scheme. New rear tire, new coolant, well-taken care of, real clean bike. I put it up for 6k on craigslist and was wondering if this is a fair price ~ I'm beginning to second guess. Any input?

Thanks,
Brandon

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm from the uk so not sure on US prices but try leaving it a week and see how much interest you get. If you get none lower it to 5500 and if you get a lot of interest from that you know you went too low. Lol

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Far too many resources for this question to keep coming up so I can assume you, like all the others before you, are trying to skirt the no for sale ads until you have 100 posts. Nice try, though.

Look at NADA, KBB, eBay, Cycle Trader and Craigslist to see what they are selling for in your area and you'll know. Easy as that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Far too many resources for this question to keep coming up so I can assume you, like all the others before you, are trying to skirt the no for sale ads until you have 100 posts. Nice try, though.

Look at NADA, KBB, eBay, Cycle Trader and Craigslist to see what they are selling for in your area and you'll know. Easy as that.
Thank you for your assumption, but no, I'm not trying to 'skirt' the rule. I didn't even know it was a rule, because my bike is for sale local to me only because I'm at college in Providence yet live in Michigan, and therefore I utilized local selling tools. I did look at ALL of these, but the prices seem to vary remarkably. Some CBR's go for 8,000 while some go for 3,500 with similar specifications. Excuse me for trying to utilize the 'General Discussion' portion of the forums to ask people who are heavily involved in these CBR's about the value of my bike.

In response to the first replier, thanks! That's what I'm doing. I've generated quite a bit of interest @ $6,000, so I was curious if it was worth more (hence, me coming onto these forums to ask). I also got offered $6,000, with no attempt to haggle the price down. I think I'm gonna go with the $6,000 offer, but before I do, I was just wondering if anybody knew a decent standard market value.

·
Registered
101 Posts
It's going to vary by a lot of factors not limited to region, color, mods, availability, condition. But for reference, a friend sold his 2007 CBR600RR for $5500 with about 16k miles on the odometer, condition was fair all around. This was in SF Bay Area, California.

·
Registered
553 Posts
in the GTA - Canada.. i could sell mine or what i paid 2 yrs ago. about 8 -9000ish.
its crazy, literbikes sell for less than used 600s just because of insurance rates.

·
Registered
109 Posts
i live a bit south of Chicago so figured i could help 6k is a good starting price but for 6k or 6500 I've seen a few 2010-2011 sitting around w/ close to no mileage

1 - 8 of 8 Posts