Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had a 2009 CBR 600rr for a few months. A while ago, it started idling strangely. I had pulled up to a stoplight after a few hours of riding, and the engine was idling at the usual ~1700 RPMs. I let out the clutch to pull away, giving it throttle, and when I pulled up to the next stoplight the engine was idling at 3000. From that point onwards, it has - when hot - idled around 3000-5000 rpm. When the engine is cold, it idles normally, but slowly inches up to 3k. I've replaced the airbox myself, had a friend replace the IACV sensor (Idle Air Control Valve). I replaced the gaskets around the throttle bodies on the airbox, and made sure every component was properly mounted. I am at a loss, and can only conceive that it would be a problem with the ECU. Any suggestions would be much appreciated, and any questions I will do my best to answer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unplug the IACV and report back what happens to your idle
I unplugged it, there is no noticeable difference. I start it up, it idles around 1.7k, and then slowly inches up to 3k as it warms up. Should I take a look at the IACV itself?

·
Registered
57 Posts
If the IACV is unplugged and its still idling high either it‘s stuck in some phase of an open position, your throttle plates aren’t closed all the way or you have an unmetered air leak somewhere.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If the IACV is unplugged and its still idling high either it‘s stuck in some phase of an open position, your throttle plates aren’t closed all the way or you have an unmetered air leak somewhere.
what do you suggest? I can't imagine that there's any leak, I've made sure that the airbox is well attached. the throttle plates are closed all the way when the bike is off, at least, so it's not something with the throttle cable.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Clean the IACV if its gummed up or carboned up. Make sure the throttle plates close all the way and are not binding. you can only have a high idle if you have air coming in from somewhere

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Clean the IACV if its gummed up or carboned up. Make sure the throttle plates close all the way and are not binding. you can only have a high idle if you have air coming in from somewhere
okay, I'll do that and report back. Sorry for the delay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts