Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i posted on here before about a good deal on a 09 honda 600rr 8K out the door with full yosh exhaust sliders fed elim kit etc 1400 miles now i am wondering i found a stock 09 R6 orange on black with 2100 miles for 6500 absolute mint besides the better deal are these 2 bikes close in ride and comfort im 6'1 165 lbs and general info on the bikes would be great btw i sat on both and both felt good.....

D

·
0 Posts
I think you forgot a question mark.

But hey, are you really expecting anyone on a Honda forum to say get the Yamaha?

D

·
0 Posts
Why not go to google, look up stats of both bikes, and decide which you want? Bike choice is personal preference.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have an 09 600 RR and have rode my co-workers 08 R6. They ride similar, both are light. The acceleration response on the RR seems tighter to me, but it may just be how they're setup. Also, the heat coming off the R6 was MUCH worse than my bike - freaking horrible, almost cooked my nuggets after being on it for 15 minutes.

·
Registered
546 Posts
I like that orange/blk R6 but too many stickers for me. I even think by blk 09 CBR would look better without the silver decal stripes. That said I debated between my CBR and an 09 blk/gold R6, as well as a monster 696. For me the ergos and better midrange pointed me to CBR, but those 26K mile valve adjustments on R6 appealed to me (based on my 8 or 9K miles per year). Dealer is a friend and sales, parts, and svc guys all pointed me to the Honda. Good luck, both great bikes.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
your built very similarly to me... i have a 06 RR and my buddy has a 07 R6 and honestly the ergos to me were very uncomfortable to me. it felt as if my knees were in my chest... and they also seem to sit very high, meaning the seat height seems higher on the r6...power and acceleration seemed down on the R6 as well but its completely stock and mine has a couple lil things done to it....either way its a good price for either and just go with the one thats more comfortable and and youll smile at every time you open the garage, and that feeling my friend is priceless

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have a 2007 cbr 600rr and i rod my buddies 06 R6 a couple times and the honda feels much better...they both look good, but i wanted the honda reliability. The gas gauge is a plus too.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have an 09 600 RR and have rode my co-workers 08 R6. They ride similar, both are light. The acceleration response on the RR seems tighter to me, but it may just be how they're setup. Also, the heat coming off the R6 was MUCH worse than my bike - freaking horrible, almost cooked my nuggets after being on it for 15 minutes.
Same situation as yourself, except my buddy has an 07 R6.

His bike was a fair bit quieter. Didn't like the lack of a fuel gauge. The ergo's were... ok. I only rode it for 20 minutes so its really hard to develop anything from a ride like that. I will say the time or two that we've both opened it up I've creeped away. Having said that, i'm not sold that he's shifting like he should be, even though he says he is.

Both great bikes though. At this point with the 600's we have now they're all good.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
OK i have a foot in both camps here \
i have an 08R1 and a 07RR
if I was intending to race or track the bike only, i would be buying the R6 if they are the same price, great bike to ride on the track
if it is a weekend warrior and every now and then track road bike your only choice is the RR, i should sell either the R1 or My RR , and i cant decide which one of these i like better.....each time i think i know i change my mind and wanna keep the other!
street/track.=RR
track/race..=R6
imo

·
Registered
268 Posts
agree with above-if you're going to track it-r6 all the way...

out of all my friends that go to the track-im the only one left with a cbr:cruising: everyone else defected and got an 08+ r6...traitors:crackup:

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ive ridden both, i prefer the riding position of the 600rr better, im 6'2 225. I think honda has a better fit and finish (hand controls, etc) than the r6, but its all personal opinion.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Honda CBR 600 RR
***Slightly better ergos and will be a bit more comfortable
***Good midrange power.
***Very easy to ride, user friendly neutral handling.
***Typical Honda build quality.

Yamaha R6
***A few more peak horsepower.
***Razor sharp handling, but will take some skills to tap into it.
***Great track bike.

On the street the Honda will be a better bike for most riders.

On the track the R6 will have a slight advantage for the experienced rider.

The biggest gripe I have heard on the R6 is peaky power delivery. Yamaha has improved this in the past couple of years but in a recent review there were complaints of having to spin the engine quite a bit on take off compared to other 600's.

Personally, for street riding I would consider the Kawi 600 or the Honda 600 over the Yamaha.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Initially, I was looking to get an R6. Did some research and found out that the R6 has the highest seat height. Being 5'4'' I had to cross it off my list. Went to a honda dealer and sat on the 600rr. It felt comfortable. I set out to look for a 600rr but couldn't find any good deal. Came across an 09 zx6r with 229 miles in mint condition. All stock except for fender elim. Paid $5750. Great bike. Riding position is not so bad. Great mid range. Great handling with the steering damper. It's less hotter since the exhaust iso n the side instead of under the seat. Anyways, for an 09 with 229 miles in mint condition for $5750 I couldn't say no to it.
Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts