Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2009 honda cbr600rr $6600 DFW

$6600 OBO clean PA title. Almost 11k miles. Tripage IT and FE. Flush mount front signals, but they stick out a little bit (see pics). Tech spec tank pads. Honda oem cf tank protector and gas cap cover. ebay shorty levers (I believe I have the stock levers that I will include). OES frame sliders. CF mirrors (I forgot the website they came from. When I moved from PA the moving company broke the right mirror so I replaced both). The windscreen is black. It looks oem, but I can't get the black off (it was like that when I bought it).

I can take specific picture of anything you want.

It has a little rash on the right side(from previous owner dropping it in his driveway). I bought this in Feb 2011 from scotts powersports in PA.

I will give you no name brand front and rear stands. A bottle of kerosene with something to spray it on with and chain lube.

Located in DFW about 30 mins north of the airport. just pm me and I will give you my email and phone number

Thanks. Soon to be for sale is my xs bell star cerwinski with photcromatic shield and knee and shin pads for under jeans.

·
Registered
249 Posts
looking at the VIN# it looks like it has been altered or tampered ?

stolen bike perhaps ?

·
Registered
249 Posts
all the numbers after 9.. does not look like it was stamped.. they all look like hand written with a tool or alter especially the 9's and the 1's and last digit totally look messsed up.. look like changing from a 5 to a 6 ?

you can clearly see that "JH2PC400" was originally stamped ... and anything after looks altered or tampered with.

why dont you take a pic of the title just the vin# part and show us.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Vin does look weird. It should also have a vin # on the sticker on the side of the frame. A picture of that would be better.

Waiting on the op's response...

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
OP hasnt even responded
To me its a scam

Sent from my iPhone 4s
Just because he has not responded does not mean its a scam.

About the vin. The vin on my bike looks the same. The first couple of letters are straight and the rest are a bit off. Look at the vin that is by the forks of your bike and you will see that its the same.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
35 Posts
As already stated, there shold be the sticker on the left side of the frame with the vin on it as well. Looking at the above pics, that sticker is no longer on the bike...

·
06/2016 BOTM Winner 07/2015 BOTM Winner
2,862 Posts
Just because he has not responded does not mean its a scam.

True, but why post it as being for sale then not check it for 8 days. Unless its been sold and he forgot about it here?

·
Registered
714 Posts
its a scam... because theres no such thing as an 6000rr hahaha damn imagine that, slight twist of the wrist and BAM triple back flip

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
vin checks out... clean too.
good price. sticker should be there, but ive seen them missing before, but usually on things with colored frames.

EDIT: Actually the sticker can be partially seen in pics 1 and 6.

Reactions: geronimo509

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i havent checked it. It is supposed to email me when someone responds. i will take pictures of my title and the other sticker. I work at a jail and deal with officers all day. If i have to I will bring it up to the pd I work at and have one take a look.

I even have the original paperwork from scotts power sports in PA where I bought it.

I work all night. the pictures will be up monday morning

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Once, this gets settled and it comes back legit, is anyone interested.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Once, this gets settled and it comes back legit, is anyone interested.
I am pretty sure there is plenty of interest.

I am also pretty sure that everything will come out legit. After seeing a few bike vin #'s, even from the dealership, it seems like all stamps look semi crooked after the first few letters/numbers.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
its a scam... because theres no such thing as an 6000rr hahaha damn imagine that, slight twist of the wrist and BAM triple back flip
I guess I should fix that

vin checks out... clean too.
good price. sticker should be there, but ive seen them missing before, but usually on things with colored frames.

EDIT: Actually the sticker can be partially seen in pics 1 and 6.
Thanks for pointing that out
I am pretty sure there is plenty of interest.

I am also pretty sure that everything will come out legit. After seeing a few bike vin #'s, even from the dealership, it seems like all stamps look semi crooked after the first few letters/numbers.
Glad mine's not the only one.

Still at work. pictures in a few hours or so

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here's the sticker up close

any thing else I need to do???

Someone said that their vin looks "scratched" in as well. Does EVERYONE else's look like that?? or are you not sure so you jumped and said it was a scam before checking your bike. :banghead:

I'll be back in 8 more days(sarcasm) but pm me if there is any more questions. And since one and maybe more checked the vin and know its clean can you all remove your "scam" posts please.

I invite anyone to come see it. It is as described. oh and I only wore the bell star about 5 separate occasions and the rides were 30 mins or less. It's clean

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was just kidding about being back in 8 days.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.