Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
What do you guys think? I was a little surprised at the outcome
I think Honda is lucky the Shootouts don't take off points for a bike that burns a QT of oil every 500 miles and has had two clutch recalls already. My 08 blades was nuttin' but trouble from the get go.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
That'll teach Yamaha to invest millions in new engine tech, oh well, clearly they have to get back some of that power they sacrificed for feel. You guys notice the dyno chart? The 1000RR has way more midrange than the other bikes. The Suzuki seems to have the smoothest power band though, tops out with the ZX-10R too.

Surprised the Honda rated so low for ergos and all the bikes were trashed on style. Though admittedly from the side the R1 looks crunched. Shootouts are always interesting, we'll see what happens next year.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Sucks for Yami... all that money on R&D and she gets last. I hope Honda still has some tricks up their sleeves. It's so close every year I know their holding back just to keep up in the upcoming years.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think Honda is lucky the Shootouts don't take off points for a bike that burns a QT of oil every 500 miles and has had two clutch recalls already. My 08 blades was nuttin' but trouble from the get go.
Didn't the recall fix the clutch that was responsible for the metal shavings eating up piston rings (thus burning less oil)? Are the 09s notorious for this too?

Damn the 1krr looks soooo smoooooth. Didn't like the look at first till I saw one in person.

·
Registered
175 Posts
damn didnt know the 1krr had oil burning problems/clutch that sucks alot
Yea this is news to me, I expect the best reliability from Honda. Ive sat on the new R1, ZX10, and RR. The RR feels the best. I would love to upgrade maybe next year.

·
Registered
52 Posts
lolercats at the billy mays pic! oh and,

"They all haul ass around a racetrack, chassis geometry distinctions are measured in fractions, and peak horsepower differs only by about 5%. Unless you’re a nationally ranked Superbike racer, each of these bikes is way better than you are, and saying one is significantly better than another is mere hair-splitting."

Bingo.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts