Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my stock exhaust with an after market exhaust for my 2010 Leyla Edition. Can you give me some suggestions which one to go for. I'm looking for a decent sound which is louder that the sound of stock exhaust. I'm mostly gonna ride on the streets. Also, is the exhaust fit for Leyla different from other 2010 600RRs ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
The only different thing between your bike and a regular CBRRR2010 is paint...

Any exhaust is gonna work for your bike if it specifies that it is meant for a 2010-2012 CBR 600RR.

Being in the US I would chose a Toce... If you are a little picky I would go for a Yoshi or Akra... Then maybe a Leo..

Just browse this, check pictures and see what do you like the most:

https://www.google.es/search?q=cbr+600rr+exhaust&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=Zxw1VbbeE8aBPezNgbAJ&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1760&bih=838

·
Registered
433 Posts
for the best performance/sound/budget the yoshimura is one of the better choices. your best bet is to keep searching pictures and sound clips, read reviews. the best exhaust for you is the one that makes you the happiest, so do your research

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I am a huge fan of the Akrapovic for the 600rr. I think it looks the best (to each their own though) and it's one of the best quality exhausts on the market. Other top quality exhausts are Yosh (as stated), leo vince and Arrow.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
A slip on is the easiest to install and requires no other changes. I don't recommend a full exhaust unless you're really getting elbow deep into the bike, and even then the value quotient is something you'll have to determine yourself.

A slip on gets you the sound and look with no mess.

Also consider:

Big Gun
Vance & Hines
Leo Vince
Erion
Arata

·
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015
7,282 Posts
Akrapovič is everything you will need, sounds and looks great and i would stick with a slip-on!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone. I was looking for slip ons and I noticed that slip ons come with a pipe. Am I looking at the right one for the motorcycle

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Yes, slip.ons for our bikes have an extra tube that connects the slip-on with the headers, Totally normal!

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
They all come with a link pipe which joins to the CAT down behind the RHS rearset. Full system includes headers (four pipe manifold).

Example of a Yoshi RS-5 slip on (note the link pipe #1)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts