Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Just got a 2010 600rr and after a few months of perfect riding, The bike has started to act all weird. I took it out today and immediately noticed something wasnt right

As I put it in second gear and held the throttle WOT, the RPMs rose up but the bike didnt go anywhere. Same in all gears. When I slowly roll on the throttle however it moves a bit but still not with the urgency it did before.

My bike does not have any modifications, just a drilled stock exhaust.

Any ideas what it could be?

D

·
0 Posts
Im hoping its that simple. Ive been reading around on this issue and some say it might be a timing thing that might end up costing me my motor :(

heres hoping to the best.
If there was a timing issue, you'd be hearing lots of clunking and banging from the engine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If there was a timing issue, you'd be hearing lots of clunking and banging from the engine.
Thank God there is nothing of the sort. Idle is buttery smooth and revs all the way through without any issues.

Thanks for the response btw, really put my mind to rest till the few days I can take it to get checked out.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
you can VERY easily adjust the clutch cable your self (with only your finger tips - no tools necessary)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you can VERY easily adjust the clutch cable your self (with only your finger tips - no tools necessary)
Wow just did and had a little ride around waking up the whole neighborhood....IT WORKS. :banger:

Thanks a million to the knowledgeable folk over here..come down to Jackson, MS and ill buy you guys a beer.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I don't know how far it would be for me 2000 miles maybe LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha man you gotta forgive us country folk for not wording that proper...

If you happen to pass by Jackson by any chance,,,ill be more than happy to buy you guys a beer :)

Bike runs fantastic btw, just gotta get a proper slipon now..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts