Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its another dumb speculation question but wondering how many of you guys like the center up exhaust compared to the underslung exhaust every other manufacture is going for now? I personally prefer the sharper center up and hope they don't change it in the redesign next year. What do ya think?

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
I know its another dumb speculation question but wondering how many of you guys like the center up exhaust compared to the underslung exhaust every other manufacture is going for now? I personally prefer the sharper center up and hope they don't change it in the redesign next year. What do ya think?

center up exhaust fosho. Looks a lot cleaner:banger:

·
Registered
543 Posts
def better looks and all but others are going to side mount for performace and weight advantages. honda is just stubborn. but look at the 1krr its a sidemount. i think we might see some changes in 2011:)

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
everyone is debating this issue, basically because 2011 should be the year for major changes, 03/04 - 05/06 were similar to minor changes, then you have the change to the 07/08 - 09/10 with minor changes...now 2011 should bring on major changes and we will have to wait and see, I hope they do not change the exhaust, but like stated before it is a weight thing and they did with the 1krr, so they most likely will with the 600rr, sad though

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Center up looks better and is less likely to be damaged in a low side...

i like the underslung too

·
Registered
293 Posts
I prefer the undertail pipe, but I do think it'll be changed

·
Registered
554 Posts
undertail ftw.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Tail up is sexy! But it adds weight and steals HP... They should do the side exhaust on the 600rr and the tail up on the 1000rr.

·
Registered
677 Posts
main thing but is the economy is $h!t atm so they might not... look at the new R6, it was due for a re-vamp but they did nothing...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Undertail for the win.

Everytime I see a side exhaust it just looks so cheap and poorly thought out. Like these are dirt bikes instead of full fledged motorcycles.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Undertail looks the best; I love symmetry. If it's going to be under the bike in the future, and Honda remains a GREAT bike, and I'm going to purchase another bike, then I'd get it IF I could change the exhaust to something like the Taylormade exhausts that sits flush :)

·
Registered
721 Posts
agree with wong. love undertail but flush is wear its at. something like taylormade or haldy's bike (2nd pic) would be great way to see honda go but i doubt they ever will due to emissions and noise restraints.

·
Registered
40 Posts
agree with wong. love undertail but flush is wear its at. something like taylormade or haldy's bike (2nd pic) would be great way to see honda go but i doubt they ever will due to emissions and noise restraints.

That actually looks pretty sweet. I still like the undertail better, though. My opinion, though.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I've never heard of Haldy before, but wow, it looks just as good as the Taylor made (if not better, since it angles more downward). Have you ever heard the Taylormade in person Shifted_04? It is LOUD. Even with my Leo Vince and headphones on, I could distinctly hear it among 6 other bikes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The under tail exhaust is what makes the CBR. :banger:

1 - 20 of 85 Posts