Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy, back in July after 3 months and 3k miles my first bike started making a variable tapping sound the day after an oil change, with the use of a stethoscope we narrowed the sound down to coming from the clutch casing, the sound is higher pitched and like I said a tap, so originally thought it was a valve train issue, not super knowledgeable on engines, very new to bikes, the sound is heard in neutral, pulling the clutch does nothing to the sound, no visible damage in the top of the head, the cam chain is tight, we took out the CCT it doesn’t seem to malfunction, it speeds up with throttle, today we took off the clutch cover and inspected everything in front of the clutch basket assembly, no noticeable damage, no metal shavings in oil, the friction plates aren’t in bad condition but almost all of them were dry until we got the the last one, I’m not 100% positive but I’m pretty sure I used 10w-40 motorcycle designed oil and I used a Fram oil filter, first ride after the oil change I rode around short distances then the bike started sounding odd sounding, then as I headed back home, it got a little worse to it’s current sound, if anyone has any helpful information it would be majorly appreciated, just a man trying to ride his bike before winter hits lol, thanks in advance..

1 - 1 of 1 Posts