Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am having problems with my FI light coming on when the engine is running. It stays solid and will not blink if I put kickstand down in neutral and is completely off unless engine is running. Any ideas how to figure out a code or some reason behind it being on?

Thanks,

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
If it comes on after you start the bike it's probably a disconnected MAP hose. It connects to the sensor bolted to the bottom of the airbox

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it comes on after you start the bike it's probably a disconnected MAP hose. It connects to the sensor bolted to the bottom of the airbox
I checked near the airbox and below and everything looks to be attached correctly. Not sure whats going on but its bothering me. haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MIL doesnt flash. Even with kickstand down and in neutral. MIL only lights up when engine is running. and shuts off when I shut bike off or use the "emergency" switch to turn off

·
BOTY 2014 Winner
4,826 Posts
As I said, its probably the map sensor.

The mil won't flash when running. It will only be solid.

If the engine isn't running the map sensor code won't be active because it's not out of range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Im so glad that I found this thread, I took my entire airbox apart as there was too much slack in my throttle.
While putting it back together I forgot to plug in that tiny little pipe (map sensor), I had exactly the same issue.
With ignition on (not started) the "Fi" light would not be on, a few seconds after starting the bike, the idle would raise a bit +- 500 RPM and the light would come on (solid).

After reading this thread, I took the fairings off and found that little pipe and plugged it back in, all back to normal now.
I thought I would give a detailed description in case anyone else makes this same mistake.
(Bike is a 2007)

Thank you for this thread!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts