Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
9,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta love back to back race weekends, oh and its Seca... :bootyshak I'll try to update this thread with pics as the action happens. :banger:

Rumors that BboZ to ride TA LCR honda in Seca.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It will be nice to see the Americans on an American track, and it will be cool to see Kenny Roberts ride the 31 year old YZR!

·
Registered
28,565 Posts

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
yup confirmed. i like BBoz, i hope he rides good!

MotoGPdotcomwebsite Tuesday said:
Ben Bostrom to join Toni Elías for Laguna Seca

The LCR Honda team will run with two riders at this weekend’s Red Bull US Grand Prix, with the American a wild card entry for Lucio Cecchinello’s MotoGP team.

This weekend, the LCR Honda team will ‘double up’ its efforts at the Red Bull US Grand Prix at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca in Monterey, California. LCR’s Toni Elías will be joined by Michael Jordan Motorsports’ Ben Bostrom, who will compete in the MotoGP race as a wild card. Bostrom will also race, as usual, in the AMA Superbike class.

The decision to invite Bostrom, a former World Superbike rider, to compete in MotoGP on one of the Honda RC212Vs is a result of the excellent relationship between the LCR Team and the management of Michael Jordan Motorsports, which is owned by the legendary NBA superstar Michael Jordan. MotoGP is gaining popularity in the United States and the Laguna Seca race is one of two MotoGP stops in the United States this season.

As in 2010 when the LCR Team gave Roger Lee Hayden the opportunity to ride the team’s bike in the MotoGP race after Randy de Puniet broke his left leg in the race at the Sachsenring, Germany, Lucio and the team’s partners are taking the opportunity to experience another MotoGP race in the United States with an American rider.

Lucio Cecchinello:
“The U.S. GP takes place at one of the most spectacular racetracks in the world. The interest of the American fans of this sport grows more and more from year to year and the spectators are always very enthusiastic. Considering that some of our partners are operating in the American market, we thought that we should organise a special event before the summer break. Because of the great relationship between the LCR team and Michael Jordan Motorsports, we decided to invite one of Laguna Seca’s most successful riders to compete for us in the race: Ben Bostrom. Ben will ride with one of our RCVs as a ‘wild card’ rider for only one race, while also taking part in the AMA Superbike race for Michael Jordan Motorsports. I’d like to offer many thanks to the Michael Jordan Motorsports team for the great collaboration and the amazing support.”

Ben Bostrom:
"Words can't express how excited I am to get this amazing opportunity to race on my home track in front of the whole world. I have to thank Michael Jordan Motorsports and American Suzuki for allowing this to happen. The collaboration between Lucio, LCR and the MJM team has been terrific. I'm going to get on the GP bike and put it as close to the front as possible. Then I'm going to hop on my Jordan Suzuki bike and try to create even more magic."

LCR Honda press release

·
Registered
205 Posts
they are going to smoke the living **** outta ben b. hahahaha. except maybe elias unfortunatly. i pray elias doesnt get beat by him. if so he might as well pack up and look for moto2 ride right now.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Who doesn't love the cork screw?
Jeremy Burgess doesn't - "In Laguna, there's a number of issues. It's a shitty little race track with low gearing and high RPM, and no rest at all, so it's quite difficult, and to be perfectly fair it's highly undesirable for the sort of motorcycles we're riding. And add to that the topography of the place, and it's something that European riders when they first go there are terrified of.

Certainly there are elevation changes where the bikes would leave the ground and do all sorts of things. I mean it's lovely to have a racetrack like that, but it's really probably not a great racetrack.......We'd rather be racing at 5km tracks than the ones that say they're 3.5km while they're really 3.3km." link

I like Laguna

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
they are going to smoke the living **** outta ben b. hahahaha. except maybe elias unfortunatly. i pray elias doesnt get beat by him. if so he might as well pack up and look for moto2 ride right now.
you may be right. we'll see what happens. the FP's should give us a hint on where he stands.

·
Registered
205 Posts
most european tracks are flowing and i US tracks pretty technical. i remember ben spies said US tracks are much more difficult to learn then euro tracks. no wonder he came to wsbk and dominated :+/

·
Registered
28,565 Posts
most european tracks are flowing and i US tracks pretty technical. i remember ben spies said US tracks are much more difficult to learn then euro tracks. no wonder he came to wsbk and dominated :+/
interesting that he said that. ben spies is just a beast tho. i say next year will be his year.

on a ben spies side note...
anyone notice this year/season, that he sort of changed or should say i, "adjusted" his riding style/position?
cant really call him "elbowz" anymore. seems like he adjusted his position to suit the bike.

·
Registered
205 Posts
thats a bad start. im sure he will improve though. im not a pedrosa fan but he has impressed me. 2 broken collarbones and wins race when he just gets back and 2nd on timing sheets right now.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Carbon brakes, GP Bridgestone tires, GP electronics. That is A LOT to figure out in FP session.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
NASTY high side from Jorgay. He looked like he was in a LOT of pain. Trying to figure out what the doc had to say but right now twitter is quiet. Anyone got any word?

1 - 20 of 63 Posts