Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 CBR600RR 2500miles. I bought the bike in march of 2015 with 0miles (new old stock). The bike was serviced at 600miles. I am having an issue with the idle not sure what the problem is. Runs/starts fine when cold. As soon as i shut her down and start it up again it idles around 1k it has not died on me yet but sounds close. This just started happening after about my second ride of the spring, it only idles low when warm. Any input is helpful at this point. Thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
2012 CBR600RR 2500miles. I bought the bike in march of 2015 with 0miles (new old stock). The bike was serviced at 600miles. I am having an issue with the idle not sure what the problem is. Runs/starts fine when cold. As soon as i shut her down and start it up again it idles around 1k it has not died on me yet but sounds close. This just started happening after about my second ride of the spring, it only idles low when warm. Any input is helpful at this point. Thank you!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Assuming the throttle freeplay is in spec, I'd start at the IACV and/or TPS...depending on how it sat before purchasing it and how you stored it the fuel filter and fuel pump could be gunked up also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts