Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a bud of mine who is interested in a cbr 1k like myself. he said he tested it and that we are both better off with a 600cc (600rr in our case) since it's more agile and everything is just more enjoyable. of course i questioned the enjoyable part of his argument, but how agile is a 1k to a 600?

·
Registered
233 Posts
The guy I bought my bike from actually went through that. He originally had a 600rr and got hit by a careless driver. He replaced it with a 1000rr and said he didn't like the way it handled, so he sold it and bought another 600rr, then sold that bike to me to pay for college...haha

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
It does feel agile, but it does not feel as agile as a 600RR.

You feel the additional rotating mass, there is no mistaking it. But with that said, it's an absolutely awesome machine!

·
Registered
114 Posts
they are different bikes and have different geometry so its all in your preference...My street bike is an 08 1krr and track bike is an 07 CBR600rr. I love my 1k cause its has the geometry optimized, front forks re valved and a penske triple clicker rear shock.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Bottom line, mods being equal the answer is no the liter bike is not as agile. However, there is not a large difference like there was in years past.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
strap 40lbs on your back and that will give you a relative idea just without the power to go with it. Thats the weight difference. you buy a 600rr for agilility, you get the 1k for speed and acceleration. Which one would you prefer?

·
Registered
5,537 Posts
Ridden both extensively on the street but chose to stay off the 1KR on the track as I never trusted my gorilla throttle hand. I should have tried it....

At a high level, the weight difference is not hugely discernable but its there and you have to climb around a little more bike when rippin the twisties. Being 6'2" and 215lbs, I fit better on the 1KR.

While the physical differences are nominal, the power difference is. That first ride on the litre bike will feel face peeling fast compared to the 600 and it pulls for so much longer and that much harder. If you make the leap, you cannot ride it like the 6hundo or you will be sent into orbit.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Ridden both extensively on the street but chose to stay off the 1KR on the track as I never trusted my gorilla throttle hand. I should have tried it....

At a high level, the weight difference is not hugely discernable but its there and you have to climb around a little more bike when rippin the twisties. Being 6'2" and 215lbs, I fit better on the 1KR.

While the physical differences are nominal, the power difference is. That first ride on the litre bike will feel face peeling fast compared to the 600 and it pulls for so much longer and that much harder. If you make the leap, you cannot ride it like the 6hundo or you will be sent into orbit.
or the hospital or 6ft under.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
strap 40lbs on your back and that will give you a relative idea just without the power to go with it. Thats the weight difference. you buy a 600rr for agilility, you get the 1k for speed and acceleration. Which one would you prefer?

I thought the difference was more in the 20-30 lb range. Also it isn't just the total weight that makes it different. There is more rotational mass with a larger engine and rear tire. Both of which make the bike less "flickable".

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I thought the difference was more in the 20-30 lb range. Also it isn't just the total weight that makes it different. There is more rotational mass with a larger engine and rear tire. Both of which make the bike less "flickable".
Yea your right. i dunno why i was thinking that but typing the other. Apparently my brain and fingers werent working together. But yea, like i said above. Thats not what their made for. Speed and acceleration makes up for that loss of slower turns and so on. Eff it buy both and then you can party however you want whenever you want. win win

·
Registered
6,502 Posts
Again, the weight difference isn't really the issue. That's like riding one with a full tank or near empty.

The biggest difference is slowing it down. The rotating mass from the addition 400cc is where you have the agility difference between the 2.

That and in fast chicanes.

That's why 600's are easier to ride fast and therefore most new(er) riders are faster on a 600. I was too for years. Up until I started racing my 1000RR full time, I was always faster on my 600RR.

Not anymore though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts