Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my friend got accident on 2012 bike,got smashed on top tank,broken airbox and upper injector line.all fixed but now idle drop to 900-1200 and fluctuating pump.this bike got Power commander on it,is it possible to adjust idle through PCV? or if can do manually,where to adjust.because engine went stall but seems normal when i twist trottle to 1400-1500.any possibilities for IACV sensor/hose? please help

·
Premium Member
2,991 Posts
my friend got accident on 2012 bike,got smashed on top tank,broken airbox and upper injector line.all fixed but now idle drop to 900-1200 and fluctuating pump.this bike got Power commander on it,is it possible to adjust idle through PCV? or if can do manually,where to adjust.because engine went stall but seems normal when i twist trottle to 1400-1500.any possibilities for IACV sensor/hose? please help
I get that the damaged parts (airbox & secondary fuel rail) were replaced, but there are other things I'd check since this is a "tank off" deal and you're removing 80% of what's needed to check the other things; BAS is located beneath the e-damper and cuts the fuel pump if the bike tips over, if this is malfunctioning it might cause the fluctuating pump, the same goes for the IAT and MAP sensors although they were probably replaced, IACV (most likely culprit as it's bolted to the throttle body assembly which sits under the airbox), Physical damage to the throttle bodies themselves, throttle cables (there should be a mark that'll tell you they're lined up right) and TPS sensor.

If you rev it to 3k RPM, keep the throttle steady, and the revs don't fluctuate, your TPS is probably good.

If the problem is only at idle, then look toward the IACV, throttle bodies (for physical damage) and throttle cable linkage (there should be marked lines across certain screws and things which'll tell if that is as it should be

PCV won't compensate for the BAS, TPS, or IACV malfunctioning.

*BAS means bank angle sensor

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
There is no "easy" manual idle adjust on the 07-up RR so if it's nit idling you have something wrong or something's broken. PCV does not alter it either unless it's bad or malfunctioning.

Check out the IACV and TPS as mentioned above, most likely one or both are your culprit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts