Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Yeah it does mate. Thanks I replaced the CCT . it went away. but seems like I should inspect the cams?
What do you think?
I am no pro just learning, i had the same CCT sound and know it well. If I had to take a guess i'd take fuel or air, or spark plugs. Is it throwing an error code? if yes i'd start there. Also if you have a reference to compare to, is it losing power?

If not and if I had no good mechanics around, I'd start by the easy stuff like a look inside the fuel tank, maybe try a fuel cleaner (rarely does anything though) ..Then work downwards to the valve cover. On the way you have the air filter, air box, vaccum hoses & fuel hoses(important), might wanna pull out the fuel pump and check the strainer since the tank is lifted anyway, maybe then check exhaust valve rotation , then throttle body for cleanliness, then valve clearance, and timing since you are already there and since you had CCT replaced.

Also might wanna look at the plugs. Not sure if bad contacts in battery or accessible grounds can cause this but might not be a bad idea to have a look.

There is also the idle valve (in throttle body i think) and PAIR on the head cover or somewhere on the way down but personally i don't understand how they work and if any calibration if needed or possible, so don't like to touch them.

if no luck maybe pull down the pan and look for a clear bad sign of lower end trouble. maybe fizz test or shiny metal pieces... best of luck man

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like CCT, your bike sounds rough man
After CCT change

This is after the cct change. IDLE still has issue. but I am replacing the throttle body with factory 2nd hand one.
I am no pro just learning, i had the same CCT sound and know it well. If I had to take a guess i'd take fuel or air, or spark plugs. Is it throwing an error code? if yes i'd start there. Also if you have a reference to compare to, is it losing power?

If not and if I had no good mechanics around, I'd start by the easy stuff like a look inside the fuel tank, maybe try a fuel cleaner (rarely does anything though) ..Then work downwards to the valve cover. On the way you have the air filter, air box, vaccum hoses & fuel hoses(important), might wanna pull out the fuel pump and check the strainer since the tank is lifted anyway, maybe then check exhaust valve rotation , then throttle body for cleanliness, then valve clearance, and timing since you are already there and since you had CCT replaced.

Also might wanna look at the plugs. Not sure if bad contacts in battery or accessible grounds can cause this but might not be a bad idea to have a look.

There is also the idle valve (in throttle body i think) and PAIR on the head cover or somewhere on the way down but personally i don't understand how they work and if any calibration if needed or possible, so don't like to touch them.

if no luck maybe pull down the pan and look for a clear bad sign of lower end trouble. maybe fizz test or shiny metal pieces... best of luck man
No worries mate. Just counting on experience based knowledge. I will be checking shims this week. Got shim kit from Hotcams coming in 3 weeks. So will take some time. Waiting on coils to come in and a throttle body. Will be about 2 weeks before I can really check it all. II'll keep you posted and thanks a lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts