Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just recently picked up one of the newest generation CBR600RR's. It is a 2013. I'm wondering what year of exhaust will fit the bike? From what I've see online some places list 09-12 as fitting and others show the 2013-2014 bikes as a different fitment. Also what are my options as far as manufacturers for 2013-2014 exhaust. Most of what I have seen looks janky and doesn't flow well with the body lines or makes the underside of the tail section look dumb. Is Akrapovic my only option for a clean looking exhuast for this generation of CBR? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
... 2013/14 have different rear fender/bodywork... working with Hindle Performance (Canadian Exhaust MFG) the slip-on and full system had to be redisgned to clear OEM bodywork. The rest???? no idea. BG

·
Registered
197 Posts
I currently have a 1 off hindle i will load pics i cut it cause i wanted it more flush with body work but its a full

·
Registered
197 Posts

It sounds awesome i put the noise reducer in it it def growls like it should it reminds me of a slightly more bassy yoshi pipe that i had on my 07 600rr had whole header mid tip all jet coated black from hindle wife got a 1 off as well from hindle for the 500rr had to mod the left side fairing due to the way the header flows but my damn it does look sexy when it was all done. I just added some heat tape shielding on the left side fairing that i had left over from my other billion exhaust installs haven't had any heat issues with the exhaust sitting in traffic with ambient road temp at over 100 no melting or issues.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one on my 13 but if you want it loud don't get it. If you want one that is quality craftsmanship get the akrapovic or a werks I like the werks too.
I emailed competition werkes in December asking them when the 2013/2014 Dual GP exhaust was coming out...they just said "soon". I'm interested in it for my 2013 model as well, and there is a dealer on the west coast that guarantees it will work on the 2013 model, but only if you have the comp werkes integrated taillight. I have an IT from TST industries, but I assume they are making that claim since the dual pipes wouldn't work if you had the stock fender.

Anyone else got the comp werkes on a '13 model? I love the dual exhaust under the tail, and I think the Toce will be too loud. The alternative for me is an RS-5 cf I guess....

·
Registered
940 Posts
Akrapovic. I wouldn't have it any other way.

If I couldn't afford an Akrapovic I would think about doing a Yoshimura. I kind of like the sound of the M4, it's borderline too loud when at highway speeds but I would not get a 2bros even if it was free.

·
Registered
26 Posts
2 bros looks and sounds like a fart cannon imo :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts