Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I have a '13 600RR which i bought with 0 miles last April. I still have the stock exhaust on it and haven't saved enough for the Two Brothers full exhaust system that I've been wanting (about 1400-1500 bucks).

I figured that until I get my business in order I'd like to just go straight pipe on my bike. The stock exhaust is just way too quiet. Need more aggressive sound and also need motorists to be able to hear me since DC/MD/VA drivers are inconsiderate and just generally inattentive.

I've heard in some places that straight pipes is bad for the longetivity of the motor while others say it isnt. What is y'alls take on this?

I do not have a Power Commander either. Also on my wish list between now and late spring.

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
Yea, contrary to popular belief a loud pipe won't save your life.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, contrary to popular belief a loud pipe won't save your life.
that's true and i agree...but i also just want a louder exhaust note. This will just be until late spring - circa mid May or so when i'm sure i'll have a little less than 2 grand for exhaust and other upgrades.

Until then i just cant deal with the stock exhaust anymore. So i was just wondering if it would do any harm to the motor and what other bad stuff could hypothetically happen to the motor if I were to go straight pipe for a couple months?

·
I'm a pretty lady!!!
5,859 Posts
that's true and i agree...but i also just want a louder exhaust note. This will just be until late spring - circa mid May or so when i'm sure i'll have a little less than 2 grand for exhaust and other upgrades.

Until then i just cant deal with the stock exhaust anymore. So i was just wondering if it would do any harm to the motor and what other bad stuff could hypothetically happen to the motor if I were to go straight pipe for a couple months?
Some people have said they feel like they lose a little bit of power. The bike might run leaner but nothing too bad. There's an exhaust called toce thats literally a dual straight pipe setup.

Unless your hammering on it all day long nothing too serious should happen to it from now till you get the new pipe.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some people have said they feel like they lose a little bit of power. The bike might run leaner but nothing too bad. There's an exhaust called toce thats literally a dual straight pipe setup.

Unless your hammering on it all day long nothing too serious should happen to it from now till you get the new pipe.
thanks bro!! Yeah I know about Tocce my buddy has it on his '13 R1 and it looks and sounds amazing. It costs more than the Two Brothers. A lot more i think.

I'm pretty much dead set on getting the Two Brothers (black series). I like the way it sounds. It'll add about 3 hp, 1 lb-ft of torque and knock off 7 pounds weight.

I'll have to find a proper tip to fit on the pipe. I dont plan to be hammering on it all day. Probably a few runs against my buddies but nothing too crazy.

·
BOTM Winner 02/15
237 Posts
From what I've read on the internets a straight pipe will give you a bit more top end hp and torque but it might also lose torque on the low because back pressure gives you low end torque or something? Losing back pressure won't damage you engine.

Anywaysss, I run a full Arrow system without the baffle in and I got hearing damage from that (and wind noise) doing long trips without ear protection....

·
Registered
966 Posts
Why not just buy the slip on for more noise until you can afford the header to complete the system?

·
Registered
14,359 Posts
Lol, all the kool kids have straight pipes. It's awesome to piss off everyone around you. You should do burnouts on peoples lawns, and stunt in traffic causing everyone to have to stop and admire you.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Howdy,

I have a '13 600RR which i bought with 0 miles last April. I still have the stock exhaust on it and haven't saved enough for the Two Brothers full exhaust system that I've been wanting (about 1400-1500 bucks).

I figured that until I get my business in order I'd like to just go straight pipe on my bike. The stock exhaust is just way too quiet. Need more aggressive sound and also need motorists to be able to hear me since DC/MD/VA drivers are inconsiderate and just generally inattentive.

I've heard in some places that straight pipes is bad for the longetivity of the motor while others say it isnt. What is y'alls take on this?

I do not have a Power Commander either. Also on my wish list between now and late spring.
Don't even get me started on VA/DC drivers and motorcycles. I was on the access road and where the access road and the toll road meet after the toll plaza someone decided to cross over the median area and almost hit me on the side.

Also, I almost was t-boned by a metro bus that ran a red light.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
A 2 bros full system? do some resarch OTF ...."2 bros exploded on me"...etc.

IDK their full systems, but they make cf cans of poor quality IMO.

For $1.5k you can get a top of the line full exh system, that will last the life of the bike.

How about avoiding those "dangerous areas"........maybe alternate routes?

In city/thick traffic do you look BOTH ways (2x) as you prepare to take off from a just changed to green light? (this is a critical skill to NOT be hit by a Muni bus rolling through a red light).....

you do understand that to 90%+ of cagers you are invisible?

lastly, why would you risk these beautiful motors (on a 2 year old bike!) in a possible run lean condition from a straight pipe?

Please do research on how to do your mods.......and think carefully about how you want to keep true to the soul of these bikes.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Loud pipes are pointed in exactly the wrong direction to save lives. They are for people who crave attention...like HD riders.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts