Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How goes it today I decided I'm gonna get a full exhaust for my 2013. I have a toce t slash slip on ...I love the sound but my 600cbr feels nothing like my 09 r6 w/full leo so its time to get it up to par

Having said that i noticed Akrapovic have two full system exhausts

Akrapovic Evolution Line Titanium Full Exhaust System for 2013-2014 Honda CBR600RR

and

Akrapovic Evolution Line (Titanium) Full Exhaust System For 2009-2014 Honda CBR600RR / ABS

Apart from 100-200$ difference in price the shape of the can..is there much of a difference in performance?

Another thing that really bugs me and funny enough a big deciding factor is how far the exhausts stick out. I don't know why but my rs5 just irritated me on my 09 car Do any of you guys know which one of these Akras is shorter ?

I found a stock photo of one but can't find anything with the titanium the cheaper of the two..

Your thoughts fellas?

I appreciate your time reading my rambles

Mike

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Can you post some links to each?

Id like to take a look for you... without searching on my own. Lol

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Both of those descriptions/photos have supposed power gains over stock. Do some maths and figure it out.

That being said, if there is any difference between the two, you wont notice it. Buy the one that you find aesthetically pleasing. I have the EVO on mine. Love it. Doesn't stick far out at all.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I have a toce t slash slip on ...I love the sound but my 600cbr feels nothing like my 09 r6 w/full leo so its time to get it up to par
You're going to need to do more than just a full exhaust to get it up to the level of the R6. Time to face the facts. The 07+ 600rr's aren't that bad in stock form compared to most other sportbikes in the same range.
When you start adding bolt on stuff like exhausts and fuel controllers the other bikes seem to grow decently while the RR only gets a little.

If your bike is somehow electronically limited/governed look into bypassing that. If they make a Z-Bomb or something like that for your year bike you might want to look into that.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Yeah, Honda screwed the pooch when they didn't really change the engine to gain more power. From all the info on the 13-14 engine that I've seen all they really did was change the ECU and give it a better air intake. A lot of die hard Honda people have been let down. Whatever Honda whatever...

If they would've done something to put it on the same power level as the others a lot more people would be staying with the RR instead of moving to the 08+ R6, 09+ ZX6R or Daytona.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would you suggest for gearing change? i just want a bit more torq the bike is fast enough for my needs but a boost would be nice

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
+2 in the back sprocket. Then if you want more it's easy to change the front. Also you can keep your chain if you go with a 525 sprocket. Motomummy has a good primer on gearing.

I don't know about 'power' differences, really... it's so close between all the 600s, I mean on the track I wrack the throttle all the way open and it screams. Stock exhaust and ECU, I've never felt my bike was 'slow', in fact the 600 is nice in that I can go WOT without having to worry about it looping me (although I can get the front light if I'm not paying attention.)

·
Registered
496 Posts
What would you suggest for gearing change? i just want a bit more torq the bike is fast enough for my needs but a boost would be nice
The most common gearing change is -1 in the front and +2 in the rear, along with going to a 520 pitch. Keep in mind if you change your gearing your speedo will be off and you'll need a speedo healer.

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
I haven't changed the gearing on mine yet because it's not a dedicated track bike and I still do some long days. I feel the extra rpm that -1F +2R would give me just isn't worth it.

I've have also heard someone on this site say that anything over -1F on the street drove them nuts. That's where I'd start but it's all in what you can live with. I think the Kawi 636 comes stock with -1F compared to the RR.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
I think ill just go down one in the front sprocket. Speedo healer you say how off will the speedo be give or take with a -1 in the front?
Probably 'around' 2000RPM to 3000RPM difference given the same speed I think.

This specific one is the KIT system, which is developed for track/race use, it will be louder than the other one and should provide greater HP, but key word here is 'should'; don't actually know if it does.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good to know well ill try going down one in the front if i don't like it ill switch it back.

i appreciate the advise and your thought fellas

Now just need to figure out which exhaust is shorter lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts