Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
sensational machine,i was out last weekend and there was an hp4 in the car park,the full carbon limited edition,identical to the one in the link above,some guy who looked around 60-70 years old owned it,fantastic machine to see in the flesh,i think therye about 20k-ish over here
i like the rsv4 but i like the hp4 even more

Reactions: IA07cbr

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would give my left nut for one of those

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
Friend of mine in Houston has one, and tracks it. Yikes!!!

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
id give both

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
He has some nerve.......LOL, But if you have the confidence/skill and the pockets then why not?
not that ive ridden one (i wish ) but by all accounts they are meant to be a lot easier to ride fast out the box than any of the other superbikes due to all the sophisticated electronics etc i presume,granted the better rider you are the faster youll be able to go,no doubt but if a rider with a skill level of say 5/10 ,that rider would more than likely be able to achieve faster lap times on hp4 than rsv4/blade/etc etc
thats what a report i stumbled across reckoned anyway
but fantastic bit of kit either way

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
not that ive ridden one (i wish ) but by all accounts they are meant to be a lot easier to ride fast out the box than any of the other superbikes due to all the sophisticated electronics etc i presume,granted the better rider you are the faster youll be able to go,no doubt but if a rider with a skill level of say 5/10 ,that rider would more than likely be able to achieve faster lap times on hp4 than rsv4/blade/etc etc
thats what a report i stumbled across reckoned anyway
but fantastic bit of kit either way
Begs the usual question of rider aids and rider skill. Don't want to turn this thread into another electronics vs skill thread, but I get what you mean. Won't necessarily mean that riders of high caliber would prefer the BMW's competitiors or vice versa. I love the RSV4F and the S1000RR, even though the bimmer has the power to beat the Aprilia easily it seems that it will also have the handling prowess as a result of it's electronics and upgrades to beat the Aprilia in the other crucial (handling) department. But I still don't know for sure which one I would go for. What about reliability, anyone with some solid feedback?

·
Registered
460 Posts
I parked my bike up at Oulton Park on Monday as the BSB (British Super Bikes) was on. I walked off to watch the racing and came back several hours later to collect my bike and parked next to me was a HP4. I had to laugh for a moment because parked next to mine it was absolutely tiny, it looked like a 125, i was thinking i could just pick this thing up, put it in my pocket and ride off with it...

Fantastic bike and i can only dream about owning one....

·
Premium Member
12,223 Posts
He has some nerve.......LOL, But if you have the confidence/skill and the pockets then why not?
haha agree, same can be said for guys running 1199s or RSV4F on the track. Parker and i saw a guy out at Calabogie raceway with a KTMRC8 AND a Duc DESMO!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
"but due to our relationship with the company, we were able to make a special arrangement that allowed us to test an HP4 before it was delivered to the customer. because of this special arrangement we were granted by BMW, and because this bike already belongs to a customer, we needed to be extremely careful on how we treated this test bike."

video then segues into power wheelie out of a turn. lol.

such a sexy piece of machinery.

·
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forg
17,681 Posts
dream bike there

1 - 20 of 31 Posts