·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, does anyone know where to find OEM or OEM quality Repsol fairings for the

2013 model in Canada or that ships to Canada? So far I found the site

"Auctmarts" but not sure if there products are good quality. Anyone have

experience with them?

Also what would be the best option to make the rims orange like the Repsol?

I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

Thankyou!!!!!! :cruising:

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have heard that nicecycle.com has some pretty nice stuff. But I haven't bought anything from them yet.

As for the wheels I would power coat them seems to be the best way to do it. Or you could tape off the tire and spray them orange.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
So do you recommend Absfairings over Auctmarts and Nicecycle?
I never made business with the other two, so I can only comment on ABS :)
There are many threads on the topic (maybe not on 2013 models) but you may understand from them how customer service is, one of the most important thing as pretty sure all the fairings come from the same factory ;-)

Do not aspect OEM quality, do not expect perfect painting and you will need some Dremel to install them, just to alert you ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Gioarge, I know now to expect slight differences in paint, and fitments from the ABS

fairings thanks to your guide, but have you noticed any shape differences like thickness

and appearance etc.. from your OEM's to ABS's?

Thanks!
Decided to go with ABSfairings :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
By thickness I meant once the whole fairing kit is installed, are there any noticeable shape

or thickness differences from the overall appearance of the bike.

sorry should have been more clear

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
No man, mine lined up pretty well, used some dremel just to remove extra paint in the holes; installation went pretty fine, no major issues. Only part that I really "modified" is the solo seat cover.

for the appearance, even if they are just pics, give a look to my build thread ;-)

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
Be warned that the orange color has a fading issue. Gio can back me up on it, and I know other members have had the same issue as well. All the other colors do well, but something about the orange.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Be warned that the orange color has a fading issue. Gio can back me up on it, and I know other members have had the same issue as well. All the other colors do well, but something about the orange.
You are right. It faded out after one month, the good thing is that after that it looks like no changes anymore. So I still consider that for the price I paid I made a good deal. Let's see in the years what will happen :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ha still looks awesome can barely notice,

By the way do you need to purchase different kinds of bolts, washers, etc..
to install the fairings?

Is installing the fairings something anyone can easily do,
or is it best your local auto body shop do it for you. ( if your someone who is inexperienced with these kinds of things )

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
ha still looks awesome can barely notice,
Yes, after one year they are still okay ;)

By the way do you need to purchase different kinds of bolts, washers, etc..
to install the fairings?
You can give a look to post 130 in my build thread, i bought some OEM stuffs. They are mandatory? not... but useful if you want to leave OEM as they are.

Is installing the fairings something anyone can easily do,
or is it best your local auto body shop do it for you. ( if your someone who is inexperienced with these kinds of things )
You can do it, first time you will need to be carefully in pulling off the OEM, there are some posts on that but I never made a unique thread (no time sorry). This depends from you, if you are confident and you have a service manual you can do it for sure. If it is first time at all you pull off a fairing set , maybe a buddy may help you or better to go to someone, really it depends on your "confidence".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts