Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 427 Posts

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LighTech Wheel Axle Protection

Finally I installed the axle protections that you saw some threads above...
I made a specific thread in the DIY section as I took photos step-by-step: http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=5150233#post5150233

I post here just the photo where the kit is installed for the ones not interested in the DIY section.

Rear left

Rear right

Front right

Front left

Also in this case I found a problem on some Part Numbers, but I think it is related to ABS/not-ABS versions since the previous CBR model (so not a specific 2013 difference). As soon as I will get official answer from LighTech I will update you.
For the curious it is related FRONT AXLE WHEEL part numbers:
  • ABS: 44301-MFJ-A50
  • not-ABS: 44301-MFJ-D00
It seems they have different "endings"; the not-ABS models have a circle-ending, if anyone of you has one and would like to check we can get the confirmation :shakehand

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
GiPro DS

Forgot to mention that in my previous CBR, I hade a GIPRO (code: GPDS-H01-RD / user guide: http://www.healtech-electronics.com/docs/GPDS-H01_Manual_en.pdf), I asked to the dealer to install on my new one.

I asked to install in a generic position so...

As soon as the Puig windscreen will arrive (Italian importer said that will be the end of the month) I will refit the GIpro; the ideas, depending on the new view of the windscreen vs the meter:
  • where it is
  • on the meter panel near the clock
  • on the meter panel above the tachometer
  • with a special bracket connected to the upper cowl.
Let's see...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Coming along nicely. I like the choice of R&G parts. I can't wait to start my build thread.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Coming along nicely. I like the choice of R&G parts. I can't wait to start my build thread.
Thanks, just waiting September for the sliders... and I am pretty sure that I will order the no-drill from R&G; seems they are the unique in production for ABS model. Shogun announced them too... let's see what will happen as many new goodies I think will come out for the new model :banger:

Man...do you know how many trackdays you've spent on this thing!?
Kidding, bike looks great man.

Very nice bike..where are you in Italy ?
Thanks, I am near Turin.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Passenger seat cowl

Some days ago the dealer called me advising that my box arrived...

Original passenger seat cowl, part number = 08F72-MJC-A00ZB (YR250)
Box opened on the sofa

Following the instructions I installed the rubber pads and the protective tape

Final result:

More photos will follow if it stops to rain!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Congrats on the new bike and the fun you're having modding it up.... but i'm a very different guy i guess.
My mod list when i bought a new bike went:
exhaust, integrated tripage style tailight, HIDs, power commander, air filter, tune, 520 conversion kit, gauge cluster LED swap mod, levers, rear sets, etc etc....

Not fairing bolts and oil filler caps....

but have fun with the... build!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Congrats on the new bike and the fun you're having modding it up.... but i'm a very different guy i guess.
My mod list when i bought a new bike went:
exhaust, integrated tripage style tailight, HIDs, power commander, air filter, tune, 520 conversion kit, gauge cluster LED swap mod, levers, rear sets, etc etc....

Not fairing bolts and oil filler caps....

but have fun with the... build!
Thanks! You are right but we are not so different :cool:
Exhaust, levers and rear sets are in my list but just waiting more options as the model is too new, many aftermarket firm are releasing just now the goodies :thumbup:

For other structural mods I will wait the end of warranty period even if, for example, I will not put a PC as I use it in the streets so not really needed I think. Then of course money is the main problem, having bought it this year, they are pretty finished :cruising:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Love the Repsol model as is, but the tasteful additions you've add really bring it up a level. Excellent work! Can't wait to see what's next!

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Some photos

Hi. I just posted many "garage" photos... time to post some nice pics made under the sun this weekend...

Right side

Left side

Front-right

A little bit cold but wonderful place

Coming back home with my girlfriend

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Puig Windscreen

Today I installed my new windscreen, I decided to go with a Puig Dark Smoke (Puig code: 6478F).
Installation was pretty easy: just removing the original windscreen screw and the rear-view mirror bolts.
Moving the upper nuts to the new windscreen and here we have the final effects.
Front:

Inside:

Torque values used are: 0,5 Nm for the windscreen screws and 7 Nm for the rear-view mirrors bolts.

I just had to change the two lower screws (original code: 90119-MJC-A00) because I had the LighTech ones (see some post above), but during installation I put the 003-M5-20 (the original screw was of 23 mm). So due to the difference (I suppose 2 mm of the new windscreen) I was forced to change both with LighTech 003-M5-25 (I will update my post with the LighTech vs. original resume).

I will post a product review asap.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Nice bike and nice thread gio!

Would love a pic from the side with the entire bike in view with that new seat cowl on.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nice bike and nice thread gio!
Thanks man! :thumbup:

Would love a pic from the side with the entire bike in view with that new seat cowl on.
If next weekend the weather will be good, I will do it outside somewhere, otherwise I will take it in the garage... weather is starting to be bad... so I will be soon forced to suspend the insurance :banghead:

21 - 40 of 427 Posts