Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^ agreed

I beleive that gen of R6 first came out in 06. 7 years for a genetation is a LONG time!!!

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
It still is the prettiest 600 in my book, although I would like to put side by side with the new Kawi 636 to make my final decision on which looks better. It also looks like the Kawi will just rape the competition in the supersport class.

·
Registered
625 Posts
My buddy just picked up the 12 r6 is a sick bike. When I upgrade to another 600 ill probably pick that up. anyways when we were at the dealer they said all 13 models will need to start getting smoged I've looked online and haven't found anything on that. Have you guys heard anything?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
BOTM Winner 1/13
5,872 Posts
Ok.. Enough talk about the 13 rr. They should just stop the production of the 600rr. Now we all owners of the 600 will be legendary owners of the best 600 bike ever known.

·
Registered
5,599 Posts
Ok.. Enough talk about the 13 rr. They should just stop the production of the 600rr. Now we all owners of the 600 will be legendary owners of the best 600 bike ever known.
Then we can sell our bikes for double what they are worth.....maybe more. :shakehand

·
Registered
262 Posts
Yup, here in Phoenix I ride past 20 GSXR's and R6's before I see another CBR. They are played out as far as Im concerned. The suzuki's are all plain ugly IMO.

·
Registered
14,356 Posts
Yup, here in Phoenix I ride past 20 GSXR's and R6's before I see another CBR. They are played out as far as Im concerned. The suzuki's are all plain ugly IMO.
Lol, I pass more RR's than I can count. All of the Japanese big 4 are great performers, and within about 1% of each other. The 600RR is way past due for a redesign, as is the R6. The Honda is by no means the "best" 600. In some ways it is, in others it isn't.

I'm still happy with my choice, and next year there might be one of these in my garage.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Agreed, the R6 is too low up front and high in the back, making for a very planted riding position, but uncomfortable and it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. The CBR is the opposite, it's low and relaxed for a sport bike.

GSXRs are way too common around the Atlanta area. Ducatis and Aprillas are too hard to come by for a reasonable price. My last bike was a Kawi, so I wanted to try something different :) .

The 600RR could use a redesign though. It's been the same since what, 2007? Surely the bike could use some techlnological advances besides ABS. Maybe traction control?

·
T. BOTM Winner 10/11
4,508 Posts
Why fix what ain't broke?
because some of us (me) would have loved to have an r6 if they weren't so damn short. i'm waiting for someone to redesign a 600 (not kawi or suzuki) that is narrow enough to me to be able to ride on the street stock height

·
OG
3,350 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts