Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i havent, i have had r-6 and gxr.... i like the honda the best so far. i have already gotten approved for the cbr. just wanted to see how people feel about it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Do you have one?
No I don't. I have been to my local dealer and checked out most of the 600's the Honda just didn't wow me. The suzuki seemed like a better built bike. To each his own. Just throwing my opinion out there

·
Registered
14,358 Posts
No I don't. I have been to my local dealer and checked out most of the 600's the Honda just didn't wow me. The suzuki seemed like a better built bike. To each his own. Just throwing my opinion out there
Ahhh, so he asked for opinions from people that have them. That wouldn't be you, correct?

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
I have a '13, which is the same as the '14. I freaking love it. I've been riding for years and still grin ear to ear whenever I'm on it. PM me if you have any specific questions. I'd be happy to help. Congrats on the new bike.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 12, would like to have gotten a 13 but there is approval and then there is Mrs. Approval! I got the latter so had to move :)

Out of the box the CBR may not be the quickest track bike but IMO it is the best street bike. Fast and (for a 600) comfy. Only negative on the bike was the OEM tires, not so good in the cold and not so good in the wet - spun the rear up at 70 rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear on a wet interstate. I think they still come with Dunlap Qualifiers.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
13 and 14 are exactly the same bike (most likely the 15 will be as well, honestly haven't looked) and other than new bodywork, some minor suspension changes and new wheels is the same bike as the 09-12 so anything you read about these bikes will directly translate.

All of the owners of the 13-14's I've read about have been quite pleased so far but very little has been written (other than I like it) so anything you can add would be great once you get it

Mike

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
Only negative on the bike was the OEM tires, not so good in the cold and not so good in the wet - spun the rear up at 70 rolling on the throttle in 3rd gear on a wet interstate. I think they still come with Dunlap Qualifiers.

This. When you purchase the bike, budget some money to get those OEM tires replaced asap.

The bike is super fun to ride. Tons of power, great ergonomics, just awesome. Invest in some good quality gear too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a 13 and love it. Like the riding position and the way the bike handles out of the box. I'm no racer so I can't push it to the limits to see what it's actually made of but I don't have chicken strips either. Overall flicks very well in the twists and fun to ride. Good luck with your 14 and be safe. Second the buying riding gear. What color are you going with? Ooo when you pick it up have the suspension adjusted for your weight...

·
Registered
940 Posts
I had an 07 and now ride a 13 and there is difference in the midrange power. The 13 seems peppier at 'normal' hwy speeds. I downshift less in traffic when getting away from what situations I feel are not favorable like tween on phone immediately beside me or the loving motorists who want to share the same space I'm currently occupying. Also the front suspension feels just a tad bit more planted and seems to handle imperfections better.

Subtle changes but ones I can say I feel coming from the previous gen. Hope this helps.

·
BOTY 2013 Winner & BOTM Winner 11/14 & 4/13
2,806 Posts
Honda CBR600RR

I rode a 2013 model for several days after the UK launch. I found the bike as a whole rather disappointing simply because the only notable upgrade from the 09-12 model was aesthetic. Essentially the bike has only had very minor technical upgrades since 2007. I for one was expecting a completely new model with the addition of a slipper clutch and such like to make it a bit more accomplished on track. That said the CBR ridden in isolation is a very good bike and you will certainly enjoy owning one; but for me there was absolutely no point in trading in my 2011 model.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have no real input to add here, but I will say this, I am not a fan of the "upgraded" looks of the 2013+ cbr600rr's....

Above the headlights looks kinda funny too me, it's like the bike has a really large forehead, kinda looks like a neanderthal.

·
BOTM Winner Jan 2015
1,960 Posts
That red color needed some black vinyl down the center of the upper cowl to break it up a bit. Would look awesome with some I bet, and some going over the top of the tank as well.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts